Just seen HBO's version of Hatton - Castillo...Disgraceful!

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Nemesis, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo Super Sharp Shooter Full Member

Dec 1, 2005
    Just watched with HBO commentary and completely agree, no wonder Hatton's getting some **** in the General Forum.

Lederman was particularly bad with his 90% bollocks but in general I can't see how devaluing the product as a whole with the negative tone and particularly a man who HBO have spent a lot of money on in Hatton is good for the station. Can't think that their employers will be very happy with them trashing Hatton's performance.

2. dwilson

dwilson Guest

The americans are just pissed that in europe boxing is growing especially in Germany plus the reurgance here in blighty with hatton,calzaghe and khan while in america its dieing a slow and painfull death. The heaveywieght division which was once thier prize possession is long gone never to return and theyre best fighter pbf is an ******* who everyone hates and wants to see lose. All thier best best fighers are either shot like tony,de la hoya and rjj or boring non repect earners such as taylor.

The racial politics in american boxing is also a disgrace, they seem to believe that if a fighter is not from black or hispanic origins then he isnt marketable and thus no use pushing.

3. Boro chris

Boro chris Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 14, 2005
    The Malinaggi v N'dou fight is called "stone and sand!":lol:

4. Dunky McCafferty

Dunky McCafferty Boxing Junkie banned

Aug 24, 2004
    I am a Junior Witter fan, & I am David Barnes fan too. met Barnes a couple of years back & he was a great fella. He said that I nearly blinded him when I took a photo of him & my pal:D

So naturally, I am a big fan of his. & of course as I have said until I am blue in the face, I was a massive Eubank fan back in the day.

Of course I lean towards scottish fighters, but just cos I love all things Scotland doesnt mean I hate all things english. Hopefully the younger englanders who dont have pubic hair yet but come in & talk like gangsters to me can get that into their thick ****in skulls.

But hey, I hate Hatton, so Im public enemy no1 & must hate all things England if I dare hate that wee gobshyte Hatton. Yup, its a kangaroo court in here alright:lol:

PS

Theres only one Max Kellerman:happy

5. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    This content is protected
    :good

6. brown bomber

Jul 1, 2006
    my little pony ha ha - **** you HBO

7. David UK

David UK Boxing Addict banned

Feb 6, 2007
    I have read in the main forum that a few decent American fans were so disgusted at HBO commentators that they have emailed HBO to advice that they have cancelled their subs. Even though I don't subscribe to HBO(obviously) I think I'm going to email them and pretend I'm American and pissed off at Kellerman et al

8. Nemesis

Nemesis Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 9, 2005
    I think i might complain too

Jeff 'tis sent

9. brown bomber

Jul 1, 2006
    If they done that after the hatton fight it shows a lot of class!

10. China_hand_Joe

China_hand_Joe Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 21, 2006
    It is to do with Hatton having a British promoter.

11. scurlaruntings

scurlaruntings ESB 2002 Club Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    THATS JUST ABSOLUTE BULL****.IF ****S ME OFF IMMENSELY WHEN IDIOTS TRY TO PULL THE RACE CARD ON HATTON AS IF ANYONE TRULY GIVES A **** THAT HIS WHITE.No cares that his ****ING WHITE! We just want to see him in a competitive bout with a REAL name at welter.Whats the ****ing problem with that!?!?!?!?!??:twisted:

12. scurlaruntings

Jul 19, 2004
    NO HE WONT.His not even close.

13. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Hatton was on his last fight with HBO. He probably didn't resign so he could keep his options open i.e. independent PPVs, Showtime etc

**** HBO! ****S!

14. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Scur seriously man. Come on. 43 fights later. One win over a top 10 140 pounder. Another over a top 30 135 pounder.

On paper Hatton is already HOF and a great fighter.

Hatton could go down as the best British fighter ever. It is plausible.

15. scurlaruntings

Jul 19, 2004
    He doesnt beat the memories of Benn Eubank Lewis Naz etc etc.Its not close.2 victories over 2 old men mean squat in the grand scheme of things.He`ll get to the hall alright as these days anyone can get there.And his resume 43 fights unbeaten is impressive.But we shouldnt still be asking the questions"Who has Hatton fought". Kostya was semi retired and fighting once a year and Castillo who turned pro at 15 and has been in many a war (who was also as slow as molasses on the weekend) is surely well past his best.Good victories yes but not impressive for a 40 plus fight pro.These type of bouts should have been happening at least 15 fights ago.Hatton isnt a rookie, he hasnt arrived his here.In order to be considered the best fight the best.