Just started - Feeling goog

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by Irish_Southpaw6, Jun 29, 2007.

1. Irish_Southpaw6

Irish_Southpaw6 New Member Full Member

Jun 28, 2007
    So I just started boxing and have loved every moment of it in the 2 lessons I have had. They have been difficult but I think boxing is the sport for me and my trainer seems to know what he is doing. I really like that boxing isn't a team sport and that when I get into the ring in a few months it will just be me and the other guy. So far I have worked on stance, footwork, abdomen (crazy amount), the speed bag (to horrible results, but i can only get better), and simple combinations on the mitts (the 1-2 and 1-2-3-4). I feel like superman after a workout and always have an adreneline rush for hours after my lesson. The only thing I'm concerned with is my wrist they have hurt after working out (is this normal?) but other than that boxing is GREAT. Anybody else feel like superman or invincible after boxing lessons.

2. USMCGixxer6

USMCGixxer6 Member Full Member

Mar 31, 2007
    i feel dead tired after mine, lol

are you wrapping your hands properly?

3. Bazooka

Bazooka Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me Full Member

Oct 23, 2005
    The wrist thing is normal until you get use to it, keep it up, listen to your coach that is the key do exactly what he tells you to do, when sparring starts for you, try to take your time and relax each sparring session you should learn something from it, if not than what would be the point?
    Good Luck to you and Keep Punching.

4. austyn

austyn Yeah I know Full Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Man i wish i felt "goog"

5. Irish_Southpaw6

Irish_Southpaw6 New Member Full Member

Jun 28, 2007
  6. fernando4cv3

fernando4cv3 Member Full Member

Jan 20, 2007
    my gym is odd. they wont work with you till you know the basics. The problem is they dont teach you the basics. luckily for me when i started a couple of guys took time off there trainin 2 show me some stuff and i am doing great undefeated 11-0 amateurs. anybody elses gym like this. it is a really old fashion gym. free which is why they dont teach you anything. hagler came from here

7. austyn

austyn Yeah I know Full Member

Jun 10, 2007
    same my gym don't really reach the basics we have to learn it in sparring ffs.

8. skipdog

skipdog Active Member Full Member

Jan 31, 2007
    Welcome to the club bro... Everything you feel is normal.. Wait until you land your first clean shot in the ring... Or take a big one and walk through it.. Be prepared for a **** day here and there as well. The highs and lows are untouchable.. The next thing I want to feel is the ring entrance in a real fight... Keeps me training when I want to puke... The feeling of winning your first fight.. Got to be the greatest. You are now in the best sport of all time.. The fun has just started for you.. Good luck.