Just watched Mayweather vs Emmanuel Burton. I don't think he could have beaten Loma at 130

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by tinman, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Chavez was a warrior in that fight but he beat Chavez like a drum his head snapped back so many times from so many flush right hands and clean counters that I actually feared for his safety in that fight. He put a beating on him and stopped him.

2. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    That version of Burton would have given Loma fits as well. Doesn't mean Floyd couldn't have beaten Loma

Pimp C likes this.
  3. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    I get that, but then people ignore that Loma ripped his shoulder in half and couldn't use his best punch (right hook) the entire fight against Linares. Which was his first fight in a higher weight class against a bigger man. Loma had to resort to plan B and plan C because he couldn't throw his right hook. Which is why he went with the left hook to the body to win the fight.

So if you're going to say that about the layoff we should recognize the shoulder issues. Actually Loma had issues with Pedraza too as he was recovering from shoulder issues and still could not throw his best punch. But in his last fight he looked like the old Loma with a healed shoulder and right hook.

Yes Loma can of course get caught by a straight right coming in. But he can just as easily exploit Mayweather's lack of angles, head movement and predictable movement in the right at 130.

4. dangerousity

dangerousity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2005
    Yes mayweather beat a midget flyweight whilst on all kinds of peds from that IV, hand xylocaine, the ref, judges and oh a 1-armed Pac - fact.

It’s a fact that pacs atm was injured, it’s a fact that he was refused a painkilller shot for it and it’s a fact that he had surgery on it after the fight.

It’s also a fact that floyd ran for his life in the fight his daddy had to ask him why he was so scared. So who really won the fight? The guy that run and hugged for his life? Ok since 3 judges said so.

Loma has better feet than floyd. He outboxes him. Aside from the salido fight Loma hasn’t come close to struggling that much.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    Rdc4444 and mirkofilipovic like this.
  5. Incinerate

Incinerate Active Member Full Member

Aug 9, 2019
    Ther is no version of Loma that can beat Floyd at anytime during his career. Using an over the weight fight and a Floyd who was coming off a lay off is not a way to analyze Floyd. This fight was right before he fought Chico and we all saw that massacre. Loma was too inexperienced to beat Floyd. If you use the best version of Floyd, Loma doesn't have a prayer. The real question probably is could Loma have beaten Burton. Loma would have to fight like Jesus Chavez did against Floyd to even make the fight interesting.

Pimp C likes this.
  6. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    :risas3::risas3::risas3:

Excuses excuses excuses PBF UD #48 deal with it.

Loma better feet than PBF? You mean like how Pac's superior footwork was supposed to befuddle PBF with angles and in and out movement?:deal: Wishful thinking fool, how did that work out for him? Loma has great footwork no doubt but to act as if PBF is a statute in the ring is hilarious the man can move to you know, you're just a hater. He has some of the best footwork of the era. Nobody is outboxing PBF 147 and down and that includes Loma the lone exceptions are Hearns or SRR maybe SRL or Pea but with Pea he's at a huge reach disadvantage so I doubt it.

longislandtroop likes this.
  7. Big Ukrainian

Big Ukrainian Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 10, 2007
    I'm not saying that Loma would dominate or beat Floyd - Floyd's style and size would always pose him problems. But 130 lbs version f Mayweather wasn't as skilled, as experienced and as smart as 140 lbs version where he was at his very best. Plus Floyd always had a lot of problems against southpaws - not only Corley and Judah, but even guys like Ortiz, Guerrero and McGregor gave Flouyd more problems than was expected. Only Pacquiao and Mitchell fights went exactly as was expected if we are talking about Floyd's fights against sothpaws. And loma, while not as gifted physically as Pac or Judah, would be by far the most skilled sohpaw in Floyd's career. I think it would likely be a close win for Floyd, but he definitely wouldn't dominate Loma let alone stop him.

Rock0052, longislandtroop and Pimp C like this.
  8. Xplosive

Xplosive Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Always nice when guys JUST start watching the sport...

Destroy the general forum.

OvidsExile likes this.
  9. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot etreuM aL Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    loma it the same size as Pac May towers over Pac and has a longer reach

10. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011
    And I them.

11. Alo2006

Alo2006 R.I.P Sean Taylor Full Member

Jun 28, 2006

What fight were u watching. Mayweather was beating Ortiz comfortably. Was eating Ortiz up with counters the whole fight. Then u said Guerrero lol. He out classed Guerrero, and Mayweather was past him prime in that fight. Mayweather beats him at 130 and 135.

12. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    I agree, Lomachenko not only beats Mayweather, but thoroughly undresses him, embarrasses him and makes him quit. Floyd never had to deal with anyone\ with the versatility, angles, combinations, jab, speed and ability to cut off the ring like Loma. Southpaws always gave Floyd a few problems anyway, Lomachenko is the living, breathing, walking, talking embodiment of his stylistic nightmare come to life.

OvidsExile likes this.
  13. Alo2006

Jun 28, 2006
    U say those south paws gave Mayweather problems, but what was the ending results? Mayweather beat the breaks off Corley. Corley has two rounds were he buzzed him, but Mayweather took the shots and came right back hurting Corley. Mayweather didn't struggle against Ortiz nor Guerrero. Neither fighters couldn't land on Mayweather. We all know what happened with McGregor. Don't even know why u even mentioned his name. Judah won round 1,2 and 4 against Mayweather, but lost every round after that.

14. Big Ukrainian

Big Ukrainian Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 10, 2007
    No, of course he didn't struggle against Ortiz and McGregor, but he was expected to beat them without getting touched while in reality both landed few decent punches.

15. Alo2006

Jun 28, 2006
    Mayweather carried McGregor in that fight. Mayweather wasn't even using his defense because he knew McGregor couldn't hurt him. The game plan was to get McGregor tired, then go for the KO. Besides, are u forgetting this was a way past prime version of Mayweather?