Justis Huni v Paul Gallen & Issac Hardman v Emmanuel Carlos RBR

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Inglis_1, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Manu Vatuvei

Manu Vatuvei Active Member Full Member

Apr 21, 2011
    This appears to have been an entry into the JTFO club. Gallen was wobbled by a right uppercut/left hook and then stumbled into a jab, the right hand that followed missed.

2. velagod

velagod Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Huni needs to get a new trainer after Olympics got to make sure he doesn’t make same mistake Parker made and leave it way to late.

3. Dannymita

Dannymita Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Wish I'd bet more now ffs lol

CST80 likes this.
  4. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Yep, and to be fair, he's been matched very well so far. The sky is the limit for Huni.

Sandman_ and CST80 like this.
  5. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Will watch this fight later didn't get to see it.

Huni is a stud and could medal at the Olympics (not gold because Jalalov is the definition of a man among boys)

Impressed that Gal lasted so long
    Would love to see him fight a bloke like Babic. Would be a tear up and I would pick Gal.

Babic is a tiny heavy and not a big puncher. Could see Gal pushing him back and taking him out. Gal is strong as an ox and has very good fitness. Never seen Babic go past a few rounds.

6. Scott Cork

Scott Cork Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 3, 2021
    Babic is a huge puncher. Thats all he has.

7. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    This content is protected

Sandman_ and kiwi_boxer like this.
  8. kiwi_boxer

kiwi_boxer nighty night, ellerbe ☠ ☠ ☠ banned Full Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Broken rib in the second round... ouch. On ya gal.

Post-fight recap from the following morning:
    • Gallen is a tough, old school warrior. You've got to appreciate the heart of the old dog. Absolutely zero quit.
    • Gallen's corner could have, and probably should have pulled him out. As lame as it would have been, he didn't even have a punchers chance - and boxing is a hobby for him at this point in his life. No need to risk a shorter life with his family due to pride.
    • Huni has good snap on his punches but lacks the brute power of a hard-hitting heavyweight. He needs to work on his S&C as his career develops. Sooner rather than later.
    • Beautiful combinations at times with great hand speed. I would like to have seen more of the more telling shots early, but I guess they were there...given the broken rib. A bang em up match with someone like Kownacki or Martin would be good to watch as a measuring stick.
    • Late in the fight (round 9 I believe) Huni turned it up and showed his level against Gallen. Could he have done that in round 1 and got the job done early? Maybe there were some camp concerns about the status of his chin. Once they saw that Gallen had nothing to offer Huni appeared to have a glorified sparring session with him.
    A fun young heavyweight who I'm intrigued to see more of. Not world-class yet by any stretch, but he has some solid fundamentals to work with.

9. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    I think that you will find any claims I made about Gallen being a serious force were a bit of a wind up. I have full respect for the guy who has competed hard in two of the toughest sports in the world.

Sandman_ and Eel87 like this.
  10. sparta

sparta Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 4, 2008
    ****en hell gall, 1.40seconds left from a huge payout from the bookies and you go down. ****. Good effort gall, u one tough sob.

11. Aussie Invader

Aussie Invader Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jan 5, 2017
    channel nine (australia) reported this morning that gallen broke a rib early in the fight (round 2 apparently).

12. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    no, he has just fought scared no hopers and still needs accumulation to get stoppages lol

13. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    So, earlier in the week I was intrigued by this (and why not? Couple of hefty boys, supposed to be able to both crack, someone's 0 has got to go and plenty of smack talk and hostility in the leadup) and had planned to do a Huni vs. Gallen poll thread ...and had contemplated getting up a few hours before I normally do for work the morning of to do a RBR...but I hit a stumbling block that gave me terrible anxiety putting me off doing either:

I can't find Huni's middle name ANYWHERE. I know that he does have one, because his nickname is "JPH" (truly inspired stuff, up there with "AJ" for the heavyweight champ..:rolleyes:) but what exactly that P stands for is a more closely guarded secret than what happened in Jeffrey Epstein's cell. Literally can't be found anyplace. His socials, every article on him from domestic media in Oz dating to his amateur days...nowhere. I can't even get a hint as to whether it might be your typical Anglosphere kind of middle name (a Peter or Paul, for instance) or a tribal name or honorific, like many Tongans and Samoans (he is both) living down under have.

I meant to shoot him a DM asking, but ...forgot, so here we are. Maybe by the next time he fights the mystery of the unleaked P will be solved.

14. Aussie Invader

Aussie Invader Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jan 5, 2017
    have you considered the possibility it's justis probablydoesnthaveamiddlename huni?

15. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    By jove! :eeeeek:

Aussie Invader and CST80 like this.