Kōsei Tanaka vs. Pablo Carrillo

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, May 15, 2023.

Chukyo Monster or El Trencito?

Poll closed May 19, 2023.
  1. Tanaka on points

50.0%
  2. Tanaka by stoppage

50.0%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Carrillo on points

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Carrillo by stoppage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Headlining at Paloma Mizuho Arena in Nagoya on Sunday. Ten rounds scheduled at bantamweight.

Each is a few bouts removed from their last defeat. Tanaka failed a WBO super flyweight world title bid against Kazuto Ioka, stopped in 8 rounds by his countryman in late 2020. A few months later the Colombian - who, despite having faced many past or future titlists, has never contended himself - dropped a UD to Donnie Nietes in a ten-rounder for the WBO international title in that same division.

Tanaka will be a heavy betting favorite but also has a lot more to lose here, being 7 years the visitor's junior and with a 4" height advantage with the pressure of a lot more hype on his shoulders.

2. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    IMPORTANT!

This content is protected

Do not set your alarm for the usual 5 or 6am on Sunday morning thinking you will be able to safely catch this. For some reason it's on very early - doors at 11:30am and first bell at noon local time, and "gong" for the main event at 2pm local time in Nagoya - which is 1am for those of us on NYC time. So plan on staying up even later on Saturday night after Lomachenko vs. Haney, rather than hitting the hay after ESPN goes off the air to get up early.

3. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    Yep...wide moneyline, as expected.

Tanaka -1000
    Carrillo +645
    Draw +2000

4. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006