Karlos Balderas DROPS Teofimo Lopez..

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by El Chicano, Feb 16, 2019.

1. pistal47

pistal47 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2007
    Oh I wasnt aware of that and if true I'm not a fan of stuff like that -- any disrespect of another fighter or person, especially the type of **** Conor Mcgregor was saying before his last fight, race , religion, andything like that there is no place. And I hate the excuse it was to sell a fight. Thats sell out bull****.

bandeedo likes this.
  2. PIPO23

PIPO23 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 18, 2006
    Yes. If anything I respect Teofimo for sticking up for his Honduran heritage. Makes me want to learn more about this country Honduras. I know this country is suffering a crisis and to be talked down on by someone like Diego is just disgusting. Teofimo reps Honduras with pride. So you understand why he did it? Diego said" Hondurans are no good in soccer and BOXING and they both laughed specially the Mexican interviewer. I mean, yeah, maybe. But at least they are CLEN er clean athletes rely on hard work and no special formulas.

pistal47 likes this.
  3. pistal47

Jul 14, 2007
    Ya look I was totally oblivious to what was said preflight and I despise personal stuff like that. It certainly lessens my distatse of Lopez post fight actions and can understand them.

In the end, they both acted poorly and neither took the high road when they could have. In Magdalenos defense, though he doesnt deserve one, at least he went out on his sheild like a man after saying what he did. Thanks for bringing all this to my attention.

bandeedo likes this.
  4. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Manny Pacquiao — The Thurmanator banned Full Member

Jul 21, 2017
    What the hell?

1) He wasn't dropped

2) He smiled and touched glove after and the sparring wasn't stopped

5. pistal47

Jul 14, 2007
    And hey good on you man for taking up both sports so late. Takes a lot of balls and passion. Ive never understood disrespecting an opponent in a combat sport, ive always thought that since both guys know how hard it is and how much sacrifice it takes and the courage it takes to compete. I understand trying to get in an opponents head to psych them out but there are unsaid lines that should be obvious.

I no longer blame Teofimo for his actions, I get it. And by no means am I saying what Magdaleno said prefight is ok because it's not. Thats a ****ed up line to cross and I'm back on the Lopez bandwagon. But I will say, and part of me hates to admit it, I was totally inspired by the way Magdale no chose to go out and there will always be a part of me that admires that in someone. In military context it would be like a squad or platoon pinned down by accurate and effective machinengun fire and a marine or soldier saying **** the world, standing.up and drawing all the enemy fire away from his brothers and going down trigger pullwd cyclic melting the barrel of his gun.

6. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    :beer-toast1:
    leave it to a jar head to put courage in context.my respect, devil dog.

pistal47 likes this.
  7. inner2deepz

inner2deepz Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Sparring, Sparring we talking about Sparring...Allen Iverson voice

pistal47 likes this.
  8. pistal47

Jul 14, 2007
    As I was reading your post AI's infamous press conference speech was playing in my head. For American sports fans in their 30's and onwards, I think that speech and the Jim Mora "Playoffs?!? Playoffs?!?!?" Press conference speech will forever be seared into our heads, in a funny and positive way of course

9. Glassbrain

Glassbrain Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 9, 2016
    So what, it's sparring and means nothing.