Katie Taylor v Rose Volante

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by tdf1974, Mar 14, 2019.

1. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    As i said in my opening post ,the misogynists will never like womens boxing etc

BYW Katie Taylor would smash the granny out of you.....I think this may be the bigger picture here....Fear of strong women

cam2010 likes this.
  2. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    I’m not in to it. Put women’s boxing cards on, let’s see how well they do.

It’s generally not competitive, not very compelling and not very feminine (as I like my women to be).

Yes she is highly skilled but still I’m just not a fan.

305th, GencoA and destruction like this.
  3. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Please tell me more about my history of rejection with women pal. Happily married with 3 children- 1 of those being a girl.

Please tell me and Erik about our history of rejection since you are an expert, and also psychic. Dont try though to refute the good points that me and Erik make though, because we dont want to approach this subject logically do we?

305th and Scissors like this.
  4. cam2010

cam2010 Member Full Member

Apr 16, 2011
    What would YOU do if your daughter decided to take up boxing as a career, and dedicated her life in pursuit of her dreams.

5. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    I’d support her 100%.

That doesn’t change the fact that although some women are highly skilled and I can’t argue against that, that I just don’t find it enjoyable to watch. Sorry.

305th likes this.
  6. granth

granth Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 12, 2010
    "I'm all for equality"
    "Women shouldn't be boxing "

OK then.. .

ryanm8655 and cam2010 like this.
  7. londonboxingess

londonboxingess Active Member Full Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Why do people hate facts now days

Women's sport is miles behind mens because of physiological differences, it's just Science, men are just better at sport so thus more entertaining so more people enjoy watching it, it's a higher skill level, speed, physcality, just far more palatable. I have no issue with female sport but hate it is being pushed down our front like the womens football which averages less attendances than League One yet is being pushed by Sky and BBC as though it is a massive sport. Went on BBC the other day to see big headline Arsenal sign England star, clicked it and it was bleeding Sarah Champion had signed for them

You want an even bigger debate look at tran-gender people now going into womens sport and smashing it and now a few big women sportstars saying it's unfair

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  8. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Don't have a problem with women's sports, they just need to be kept separate so people can choose whether or not to watch. Imagine you pay your Skysports subscription and the prime time slots for football, like on a Sunday, have started being replaced with women's football in the name of equality. Would you not feel ripped off?

Have you ever been to a show with women on? I have when Nicola Adams fought and virtually no one was interested, you could hear a pin drop and most people just treated it as an intermission to go to the bar. My misses will watch the boxing with me and even she has no interest in watching women fight. That is just how it is. When people part with their hard earned cash to watch professional sports they want to see the best, which is the men. But according to people on here you're a virgin and an incel or whatever for this:lol:

305th likes this.
  9. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2015
    The way things are going all top level women's sports will soon be dominated by men pretending to be women. We are just seeing the beginning of it now but it's only going to get worse the further we go down the progressive rabbit hole. Then the same people crying in this thread will be calling you a bigot because you don't enjoy watching men spark out women.

305th and destruction like this.
  10. Tyson Furry

Tyson Furry Member Full Member

Nov 27, 2017
    Surely being progressive can’t be seen as a bad thing. Although I appreciate some people struggle with the progression of women - there was a lot of backlash to the idea of the women’s vote ... women working ... & still women in sport seemingly. This view point is still strong in hardline Islamic states - I definitely wouldn’t want my daughter growing up in Saudi Arabia. As I said previously - it’s one female bout every 3-4 televised cards & I’d rather watch Taylors all action style than the likes of Okolie!

cam2010 likes this.
  11. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Taylor vs persoon unification next please Eddie, persoon throws a lot of punches so should be a good fight

ryanm8655 likes this.
  12. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Taylor won by TKO last night in an entertaining fight where she exhibited fantastic skill and will to win. It was better than most of the male fights on the card.

tdf1974, dryzer, moog and 2 others like this.
  13. destruction

Mar 26, 2009
    I didnt say women should *not* be boxing.

My position is that I dont want to watch it, and I resent it taking up a space on a mens boxing card. Fine for them to have their own shows and boxing cards, just dont take up the space that a man should have.

Why doesnt Katie Taylor headline a show and only have other female fights on it- if that was to happen I would be fine with it.

305th likes this.
  14. destruction

Mar 26, 2009
    I am 100% behind trans men who identify as female competing in womens sports. After all if we are going to pretend that if someone calls themselves an attack helicopter then that makes them an attack helicopter then why not go the whole way?
    However what i do not want to see is male cucks or womens athletes then complaining because everything is being won by the trans men who identify as female. You made your bed now lie in it.

305th and Erik like this.
  15. cam2010

cam2010 Member Full Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Go to York hall on the 26th if you want to hear people supporting a woman box