Keep an eye on Amir Khans brother

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by achillesthegreat, Sep 12, 2007.

1. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Any fighter can use physical assets, defensive skills, conditioning, mental fortitude etc to overcome an average chin.

2. elle

elle Journeywoman Full Member

Aug 21, 2007

Welcome to the forum heihaci! :hi:

The reality is that if Khan was to fight the same way as he did against a harder hitting fighter (no disrespect whatsoever to Limond) it is unlikely he would have got the opportunity to go on and turn the tables as he was probably only a good punch away from being stopped at one stage.

The problem is if you add his poor defensive skills into the equation -

Questionable chin + poor defence + speed + heart = exciting but exposed fighter!!

Hopefully, he will improve his careless defence as currently I feel he relies on his speed too much and this won't compensate for or protect a suspect chin.

3. elle

elle Journeywoman Full Member

Aug 21, 2007

You are absolutely right about the Limond fight being a wake up call
    and I'm sure Khan must have learned more from that one fight than any previously.

No doubt 'Team Khans' focus will have been on rectifying the errors made so lets hope some of the questions asked of him are answered in the next one.

4. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Roy Jones managed to keep that chin problem pretty well hidden for most of his career.

5. Naidah

Naidah New Member Full Member

Jan 1, 2007

True, but Roy had sensational reflexes. Whilst Khan is quick and talented, he doesn't have Roy Jones talent in my honest opinion

6. Naidah

Naidah New Member Full Member

Jan 1, 2007

I'm not saying otherwise, just that I honestly believe unless Khan gets stronger with age and his punch resistance improved, then he will really struggle to beat world class fighters that can punch. Hence the 'won't go places' comment made earlier.

7. achillesthegreat

Jul 21, 2004
    Well, Khan still hasn't faced anyone who can really punch.

I do think Khan is getting stronger and more powerful. His strength and power are being proven more and more. His chin is iffy so he will have to improve his defence, experience, intelligence etc

Still improving though so let us see. I want him to succeed.

8. Relentless

Relentless VIP Member banned

Mar 5, 2006
    i hope he is the real deal unlike his hype job brother.

9. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Boris Christoff Full Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Roy also got KOed by World Class fighters with power, he was never nearly taken out by some feather fisted domestic fighter, who is the equivalent of a feather fisted journeyman on the world circuit, not to mention he also had freakish ability and fantastic punching power, two things that china chinned Khan doesn't have.

However, I don't have any dislike for Khan anymore. Jermain Taylor is next.:D

10. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Boris Christoff Full Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Give it up already, he's not going to accomplish anything at the world level.

11. achillesthegreat

Jul 21, 2004
    Stop being a *****.