Keith Thurman: I'm The NEW Manny Pacquiao!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Paranoid Android, Jul 10, 2019.

1. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Spence is the truth at WW

2. dangerousity

dangerousity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2005
    I don’t know what your are trying to get at, perhaps Spence ability to cut off the ring? Even though that’s entirely irrelevant because there are different footworks for different styles.

Pac is an in and out fighter, I see a guy who was able to control the distance between him and broner and outpoubt a very defensive fighter.

What would Spence do? Easy, he would cut off the ring and beat broner down. That’s basically a similar style to Margarito. When you’re that much bigger and much taller, you can impose your size on the other man - that doesn’t mean you have better footwork.

PACs style is about being able to dart in and out, it’s a much harder style to master than simply walking someone down and cutting the ring off. Let’s see how useful spence’s footwork is against Kovalev for example, someone who would be naturally 2 weight divisions above him.

It’s similar with Mikeys footwork, where was that footwork against Spence, a bigger guy? It’s all well and good to be able to stalk smaller weaker guys. Meanwhile when Pac faces much bigger guys, he showed his footwork.

I’ve sparred smaller and bigger guys, and found trying to outbox guys who was taller, longer and bigger than me much harder. I’d have to be on my game, get in, get out. Now sparring a much smaller guy, it’s easy to walk them down, and cut off the ring. The pressure you bring and the area you cover is larger relatively.

velagod and titanic like this.
  3. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    im being as plain as i know how to be. pick a part of the video where pac is showing his superior footwork to spences, mark the time, and explain why you think that makes him better. then i will go to that time, watch it, and tell you why i agree or why i think you are wrong.
    what youve written so far, has been repeated here by at least 30 people, and maybe 2 of them know what they are actually saying. i want to see your working model of what you think is happening.

OvidsExile likes this.
  4. dangerousity

Jan 4, 2005
    Lmao is that how you rate someone’s footwork? Pick a time and specific time? Lmao.

Have you even ever set foot inside a boxing ring.

Here’s as plain a simple it can be, PACs footwork allows him to fight guys 2 divisions higher than him because he is able to control the distance. That is not from 1 specific time stamp, that’s his entire career post LW. His ability to get in, get out using his feet shows superior footwork.

I have no clue what you want to get from comparing his footwork against his broner against Spence. Is that to compare spences footwork vs broner, or spences footwork if he was to fight Pac? Ridiculous premise as the footwork style would be more effective or less effective for different fighters.

Ali had great footwork against guys coming to him. His footwork would have been vastly different if he was the guy who had to come forward. This is the same as Floyd and how awkward as fk he looked trying to walk McGregor down.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  5. JabCross727

JabCross727 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 14, 2008
    So much for Thurman trying to say that he is the new Manny Pacquiao, I think he is trying to do his best Floyd impression by being the villain and the trash-talking, cocky, young undefeated fighter. I'm sorry, but Keith is no Manny Pacquiao or Floyd Mayweather. They are in a class by themselves. Plus, there is no comparison of his career at age 30 as when Pacquiao or Floyd were at the same age.

6. FROST

FROST Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2006
    What a load of bullcrap.
    Thurmans resume is solid, about on par with Spences resume, with Shawn Porter coming close behind.
    But Manny Pac is an active fighter. And his resume is heads and shoulders over these guys. His body of work at WW alone stands above what the other guys have done. And I'm not even counting what he did at the lower weights

Toker likes this.
  7. bandeedo

Feb 19, 2007
    i should have known you were just like those other 28, you have no idea what youre talking about and just repeating what you heard someone else say.
    nothing i have written is hard to understand, yet here you are acting as dumb as a stump, like you cant figure out what im asking and why, just so you dont have to make sense of what youve been repeating, yet dont understand.

8. dangerousity

Jan 4, 2005
    I have never even seen anyone say those things about Pac or pay attention to them, I boxed for over 10 years and coached so I actually draw boxing knowledge from my own experience.

With that said you are the definition of a moron and a would be armchair boxing expert, the way you analyse how good someone’s skills are by pinpointing a specific point is a joke. It’s like saying prove to me floyd is a good boxer by pointing out a specific time stamp so I can be “wowzers so flash”. It’s a joke. I refuse to play your stupid game because the basis of it is ridiculous in the first place and it’s validating your stupid idea of how to rate someone’s skills.

It’s the same reason why people think linares is so skilled because he displays flashes of flash when skill has nothing to do with specific moments.

So I reverse the question to you. When has Spence ever corner and cut off and bully anyone with the foot speed of Pac to make you think he has a better footwork than Pac and can cut him off?

And I KNOW it’s far easier to do what Spence does with his feet because every boxer has practiced these moves in the ring. If you hold enough of a size advantage, it’s not difficult to cut someone off, look at what Margarito did to cotto. Sure Spence gets himself into very good positions to throw those body shots and direct fighters where he wants, that’s expected and part of the game. Quite simply, step your ass into the gym, fight someone 4-5 inches taller than you, get in, then get out before getting hit. Or get in, and land before they get out. That is far far harder, but what do you know.

And another thing, broner is fighting off the backfoot so the footwork Pac has to employ is that of the aggressor and has to position himself out of the way from that right hand counter. In the case of Spence, he will want to impose his size and Spence will be coming forward whilst Pac will be backing off doing the countering. How do you even begin to compare the 2 footwork? Are you seriously trying to draw conclusion from that? Not to mention that Spence fights squared up whilst broner a lot more sided with wide feet, the angles Pac has to employ is much more different.

It’s easy to look ok when you fight like broner, it’s a very defensive stance, you can’t commit and reach for his head which is a further away target in case of the right hand counter. Meanwhile Spence is squared up offering a much easier target. You know who else Pac fought that was squared up? ODLH, Hatton, Rios, Margarito.

Mosley, Floyd, broner all fought a defensive stance and gave him much more difficulty.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  9. Jamzy ⭐

Jamzy ⭐ Active Member Full Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Damn, there's a lot of Pacquiao fanboys in this thread. Hope Thurman will knockout Pacquiao.

IT IS WRITTEN

POTUS likes this.
  10. Jamzy ⭐

Jamzy ⭐ Active Member Full Member

Oct 8, 2018
    A lot of level headed people on this forum will give full credit to the winner, but don't expect these Manny Pacquiao bumboys on this thread (and many others) too.

11. Caliboxing

Caliboxing Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 28, 2007
    New Pacquiao? WTF Thurman? I was a fan of Thurman and thought he could have a shot to beat Spence. He sounded boxing wise and analytical and I thought he had a blueprint of how to fight any fighter in front of him. Then it all went to **** the last couple of years, and he's now at the back of the line after injuries and that questionable last performance. To top it all, he's talking **** like he's the man at welter. He'll have his hands full with Pac, and if he's really declined, might even get stopped. Hope that they don't think Pac will be easy cause he's old. Thurman will have to show us where he's really at now.

12. bandeedo

Feb 19, 2007
    ydksab. all you do is repeat the same tired crap everyone else here has said before you in a plainer way than you can manage to. youre a joke that stops being funny when someone asks you to explain the crap you parrot. when youre ready to put your money where youre mouth is, get back to me, till then, go play pretend with the other jokes.

13. iii

iii Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2016
    Hey Jamsey, if no one wants to talk wit you go to Mummysnet ...lonley