Kell Brook / Conor Benn - Sparring Leak

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Furey, Mar 15, 2023.

1. GDM74

GDM74 Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2021
    Haha, yeah! Once he was given a voice he became a bellend. That's the thing with boxer, it's best they don't talk and just do what they are good at, which is fighting.
    Social media and boxers is not a good mix. There's an old saying 'Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt'

Throwback likes this.
  2. Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger Active Member Full Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Brook is shot to bits, beating Khan didn’t change that. Benn will never be as good as Brook was though.

Accurate, CutThroatFade and Throwback like this.
  3. Throwback

Throwback "Somebody wake up Hicks" Full Member

Jul 11, 2020
    Same. Was still a bit of an annoying knob , but at least he fought good opposition , like the underrated "The Upsetter" , Cleverly, Danny Macintosh, (who was the proper European champion a fight or so before), and probably while massively weight drained.

4. Cally

Cally Sand...sand... nothing but sand! Full Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Funny enough it was the opposite for me, I guess it was a case of choosing whom I disliked more when it came to bellew v haye and tony grew on me after shutting up the biggest bell of them all, haye, twice.

That made me happy enough for Anthony to make it home safe and sound!

Throwback likes this.
  5. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Have they announced this yet?

6. impacted

impacted Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Benn is a scrawny feather fisted 140 pounder when he's not dosed up with God knows what. I don't even wanna see him get sparked out because it'd mean the wretch getting a 7 figure pay day. It's a sign how hard times have become for Hearn since he left Sky that he's hawking a hateful little juicehead around the world desperately trying to recoup his investment.

Holler, Throwback and BXNG101 like this.
  7. Donald Donaldson

Donald Donaldson Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Even at 37 and with the war against Spence and Golovkin fight with all the damage both fights resulted in, I still feel if only Kell lived the life outside of the ring consistently, even at this stage I would still be inclined to make him a favourite.

The gap in talent is so big. Kell at his best was truly brilliant and capable of beating world class fighters. Conor at his best MIGHT win a British title, and even that is a big maybe.

As things stand, with what Kell he has been through and probably is going through, it would realistically need to be a catchweight of 154 lb-160 lbs+ no rehydration and a long, long camp for the fight to be 50%-50%.

I hope it doesn't happen.

There have been hundreds of pages written about Conor Benn, the way he has conducted himself has been a joke and a disgrace from the start, the last thing I want to see is him knocking out a former great who is in a bad place and has been tempted by the pay day.

Kell should stay retired, he went out on a massive high he shouldn't entertain this, and financially speaking should not need it he has earned a fortune over the years.

Accurate, Wizbit1013, Holler and 2 others like this.
  8. Throwback

Jul 11, 2020
    Great post :campeon:

Accurate likes this.
  9. BoxingAddick

BoxingAddick Active Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Based on everything ove seen from both fighters of Brook is even 70% the fighter he was he takes out the best Benn we have seen so far. Only worry is if they demand its at 147

10. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Brook won't even be 70% He's done at 147 unfortunately and shot to bits. I can see Benn stopping him.

Astro, Jolly Roger and ryanm8655 like this.
  11. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Eggie Hearn is such a cuunt. He's said that Con Bent's next fight will have the most strongest drug testing ever. Thst we'll see if his power and speed is affected.

Like that POS doesn't know that the after affects of juicing can last several years.

12. Throwback

Jul 11, 2020
    But who would pay for this? Brook wasn't /isn't really a massive name, (I think the hype for the Khan fight was really about khan ), Benn can't fight here, and who would travel to see Benn, especially given he doesn't seem to be Mr Popularity????

I get it would be hyped to the max by EH, but would anyone really want to see this?

13. Sonny1

Sonny1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 11, 2013
    No and we should all boycott it because Benn is an absolute disgrace. You don’t play boxing, people can lose their lives in the ring.

Astro, Throwback and SeanB1 like this.
  14. SeanB1

SeanB1 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Sep 8, 2022
    you know if they fight the after party will be amazing. Loads of coke and a few pregnancies. PPV possibly....

Astro and Throwback like this.
  15. BoxingAddick

BoxingAddick Active Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Probably right tbh why Hearn will try to make it

Astro likes this.