Kell Brook: "I have one year left in boxing"

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by CutThroatFade, Jan 19, 2018.

1. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    As per IFL.

What's that, three fights? He said clearly he doesn't see himself boxing in 2019.

I think he's done now then. Khan is delusional but you never hear this kind of talk from him. Khan genuinely believes he has a few years left and probably still believes he can lure Floyd into the ring. Delusional but a winner's mentality.

Brook saying one year left at 31 is concerning. Golovkin killed his career, such a shame. If he's talking like this I question his heart. Worth putting a some dough on Rabchenko because if Kell gets injured during the fight or the going gets tough he's going to quit.

He's just fighting for the Khan cash out now. Reckon Liam Smith would do him in the ring now, he's way hungrier. Alarming interview for me.

im sparticus, pow, Twentyman and 2 others like this.
  2. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Liam smith lol

3. oiky

oiky Gypsy Boy Full Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Think brook has had his will broken a bit for sure

BEATDOWNZ and Birmingham like this.
  4. Scyson

Scyson Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Be intrigued to see Kel vs Rabchenko. His heart has clearly gone after them two brutal stoppages. Liam Smith is all heart, he could outfight him.

Anyway. Like I said. Let’s see Kel vs Rabchenko first and see what he’s got in his locker.

Personally I think he’s trying to force Khan’s hand and get the fight done this year. That or he’s genuinely fell out of love with the sport.

5. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Anyone fancy rabchenko to due him?? I have not seen much but record looks like he is a puncher.

BEATDOWNZ and Birmingham like this.
  6. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Definitely sounds like a broken man

I wish him well though

Birmingham likes this.
  7. STEPHEN1990

STEPHEN1990 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2017
    Rabchenko is a tough pressure fighter and a light middle with abit of power at the lower level but still maby he could make brook quit because it's easy once you have already quit

8. Jim Jeffries

Jim Jeffries Ring General banned Full Member

Feb 24, 2013
    He needs another win under his belt to get his confidence in himself back is all. I think Khan will still duck him because he'll say he's in a higher weight class.

I think Rabchenko will be a tough fight but he's pretty flawed and leaves himself open. His power is no better than Brook's power relative to the opponents he's faced.

9. obelector

obelector Member Full Member

May 8, 2017
    he should just jack it in now if he doenst fancy it anymore. i wouldnt blame him, he must have earned more in his last few fights than ill see in a few lifetimes, so it shouldnt be a money issue.

but what a shame, for such a talent to be so horrifically and catastrophically mismanaged. he still had a good career, but he could have been something very special in more than just name.

10. Plaza

Plaza Member Full Member

Jul 30, 2017
    GGG broke his heart, the injury to the eye shook him and he now fights with a fear in him. He wants the cash now like most boxers as they move towards the end, but you can't blame them they need to set up for life I'm just a bit worried that people are losing interest in brook khan as neither now bring anything to the table, would've been a huge British fight 2-3 years ago

11. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Yeah, something empty about that statement. He aint 100% anymore !

12. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Mismanaged aint the word..GGG was a fight he was never going to win, the jump being too big, and the Spence fight after that so soon was a terrible idea. It told me 2 things, 1) Brooks a warrior 2) his management didn't give a sheet for him !

13. STEPHEN1990

STEPHEN1990 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2017
    Hearn wanted his cut he wouldn't have got much money in a tune up and 100% didnt care about brook beating Porter his career was trash

Birmingham likes this.
  14. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    My thoughts exactly. Smith is tough as hell, fresher and with seemingly more ambition at the moment. That's one hell of a dogfight but I don't think we'll ever see it happen.

Scyson and Twentyman like this.
  15. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Kell is right, he should be looking to get out of the game before Xmas if he can get khan. GGG was disgraceful
    matchmaking from a longtime health prospective. I appreciate it was a great payday but the brutal results it’s left are there for all to see.

Hearn just wants to get Brook - Khan on asap IMO. That 3 fight khan deal means nothing as Eddie knows, as we all do that Khan can get taken out before the conclusion.

It’s all about repackaging the damaged goods of Khan and Brook and praying they both come through their next fights and then pulling the trigger on the PPV.