Kell Brook is a shot fighter: Opinion piece

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Wig, Apr 9, 2023.

1. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Benn will knock Brook out at this stage.... young, explosive, hungry and fresh.

Brook isn't "shot to bits" but he is long in the tooth and will be 37 next month. It's a young mans game.

People can't be blinded with how well he looked against Khan.... because Khan was genuinely shot to bits. His legs were done years back and you could tell by his ring walk he was like a rabbit in the headlights.

If he wants to come back and fight someone from his era (e.g. a Keith Thurman, Danny Garcia etc) then fair enough, but if not, he should dine out on a huge win against his biggest rival.

2. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Huge win? Nobody should have cared by that point. If they couldn’t be bothered to do it before they were well past it why should people pay for the two poor versions. It was for nothing and no relevance what so ever everyone knew they’d quit after. Was farcical in my opinion, but not as bad as those who paid them for it.

3. SeanB1

SeanB1 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Sep 8, 2022
    It's only so long before WBC bring out a PED belt

Cally, Astro and Beale like this.
  4. Cookiedough

Cookiedough Active Member Full Member

Feb 18, 2020
    Couldn’t put a dent in him?? If I remember correctly, he stopped him in six.

5. Special one

Special one Active Member Full Member

Mar 20, 2019
    Brook today still smashes Benn and Eubank up within 6 rounds. Easy work for the special one

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  6. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    That was a poor stoppage though and only happened because a shot to pieces Khan wasn't firing anything back, I believe he could have carried on. Couldn't put him down .

"Couldn't put me down, Ray"
    "With you I never fell, Kell"

Benn v Brook would just be Jnr v Degale at a lower weight.

SeanB1 likes this.
  7. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict Full Member

May 31, 2010
    It took a ref stoppage with khan on his feet. Brook threw everything at him and couldn’t stop him. Ref KO not the same as a real KO.

SeanB1 likes this.
  8. Here's Johnny

Jan 18, 2015
    Jose Mourinho may have his anger issues but I don’t think his aggression would be very effective against the lads you mention.

Beale, SeanB1 and Special one like this.
  9. BoxingAddick

BoxingAddick Active Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Very harsh but a large amount of truth wrapped in this hyperbole.

The facts are that if Brook was 50% the fighter he once was he beats the best Benn we have seen. But thats a big if. People forget that Brook was avoided by a lot of welters in his prime, plus his own stupid decisions outside the ring cost him a lot of his prime career.

I still sense Hearn is hesitant to make this as he wants to know exactpy how much of Brook is left (or not left) before letting him in with his golden goose. If it does happen it will be a year from now and they will drag Brook as close to 147 as possible, which is a weight he shouldnt of been at since 2015/2016.

10. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    No it wasn't as big or as as much importance as it would've been years back but it was a huge win in terms of the history between the two and people did care because it sold lol

11. kevinreid001

kevinreid001 Punchdrunk101 Full Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Brook is shot too bits didn't look great against Khan but if going to do it do it at 160 where he least has a chance

More likely we will see it at 150 and walk through Kell

Then we will no doubt him and cej and for once everyone will want eubank to win.

When you look at what khan has been banned for makes benn look even worse clealry a cheat hope he gets koed every fight he fights in

12. Here's Johnny

Jan 18, 2015
    You know these mugs would buy sand in the Sahara mate. Doesn’t mean it’s a proper fight haha.

Beale likes this.