Kell Brook - the ultimate hype job in boxing history

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by DeathEater, Oct 15, 2015.

1. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    It's not a duck, Spence will fight Jeff Horn whilst they wait for Brook's medical exemption to expire, this leaves room for a Khan vs Brook fight with Spence later on in the year.

2. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Problem being however Khan is talking of a fight vs Brook closer to the end of the year. I just don't see how Brook v Khan happens post May without Brook before hand fight Spence.

If Khan wants a tune up first then Brook surely has to fight Spence as what else is going to do until September 2017?

Khan won't fight Brook. He will use the excuse of needing to tune up.

Brook will fight Spence or if not move to 154.

3. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    I cant see it happening either. Thats the problem with a lot of ingle trained fighters...their almost too tricky for their own good. Sort of in the to be avoided club.

As much as i ve defended khan on here mainly his cv as opposed to brooks. He is trying to kid people on. Honestly think the garcia fight was the night he knew it was over for him. It was all a bit too hard. Now time to stick with featherfisters then cash outs.

They dont need tune up fights to fight each other due to the fact they were both dispatched against bigger men. Fair enough khan was ko,d but brook arguably took the bigger beating.

At this stage its a duck if either one of them pulls it. Bearing in mind its the biggest fight they can be in...in terms of revenue and prestige. Khan sounds like hes trying any excuse to avoid.

The belt doesnt matter if your picking up 5 million a piece for the fight.

4. kobashi

kobashi Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Yeah Khan trying to kid people with this Kell holding the belt makes the fight bigger. The fight doesn't get any bigger now, the longer we go on without it the less bigger it gets.

Khan is all smoke and mirrors. One stage he makes out that he wants the fight soon as possible. Week later it's I don't respect Kell etc etc. Using more excuses to avoid the fight. His whole body language in that interview was of a guy who has no genuine desire to make this fight happen.

Just saw this interview..

Khan reveals his own team left him after the canelo fight
    https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=p2LLPZWLT3Y

5. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012

Yeah cant see the amir khan story having a happy ending tbh. He is genuinely stupid. For all the hate he gets i dont think hes a bad guy either...just extremely stupid. Its pretty much the wrong game to be in if thats the case as well.

Plenty of stupid boxers over the years but some at least have street smarts. Khan just gets everything wrong. You could probably see him firing vital members of his team that are trying to help him and keeping the leeches on.

All the while telling the leeches hes got rid of the leeches. Sorry nothing to do with anything just something i d imagine him doing.

Thats the problem with going over the pond and basically renting one of these guns for hire. If theres ever someone that needed proper guidance its khan just hope he gets it and he listens to it. I dont think he will listen to it either. He ll be 50 saying i will prove everyone wrong.

Dangerous game to be in trying to prove everyone on. He should take the brook fight. Get himself a good deal and think about retirement after it. Khan will end up damaged if he doesnt get out the game soon.

6. Not On Your Nelly

Not On Your Nelly Elite Member banned Full Member

Aug 16, 2022

hahahaha

That 'hype job' /'laughing stock/ 'bum'

DESTROYED your precious Khan with EASE! and was always the far superior fighter, as showed.

navigator likes this.
  7. Not On Your Nelly

Aug 16, 2022

:deal::deal:

navigator likes this.
  8. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    This thread title, crikey. Kell was a legitimate World Champion, he earned it, he just made a series of bad decisions afterwards.

9. Not On Your Nelly

Aug 16, 2022
    Khans muslim fanboys hated Brook for a decade with a passion. It was a fitting ending :)

navigator likes this.
  10. jcairns1

jcairns1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Could have been much more than what he was, but after he won a world title it all seemed to fall apart, spent the majority of his career fixated on Khan when he should have been fighting the likes of Thurman, Garcia, Pacquiao etc.

Finally did the job on Khan he always wanted but a real boss move would have been having one last fight against Conor Benn and giving Hearn’s new meal ticket an hiding before riding off into the sunset

BEATDOWNZ and MidniteProwler like this.
  11. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Should have kicked on after Porter but going to Tenerife 3 weeks after and getting up to no good set him back.

12. DON1

DON1 ICEMAN Full Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Brook in the big scheme of things has had a top career, World champ, multi millionaire. Maybe he could have achieved more according to his potential, however there is no way he is a hype job. He was a solid fighter.

EJC83 and BXNG101 like this.
  13. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." banned Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    It's a disgrace that this guy mentioned Khan's name in the same breath as the likes of Mayweather and Pacquiao. But at least it made his agenda clear.

Hope you enjoyed the fight, @DeathEater, wherever you are;

This content is protected

Cally and ashishwarrior like this.
  14. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." banned Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    Boss move was effectively telling Benn to fight a live body and make his own bones then riding off into the sunset on a poetic note.

Jacko and BEATDOWNZ like this.
  15. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Hearn was happy for Benn to go up to 157 for Eubank but not 154 for Brook

keysey and aaaaa like this.