Kell Brook vs Mark Deluca - 8th February

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Smudge_, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Optimus Grime

Optimus Grime Member Full Member

Feb 12, 2014
    Yeah but at 150 to be fair

2. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    No, I'm done with cutting him some slack, that's half the problem with Allen, there's always an excuse, we're never too far away from a sob story, there's always a next time for him too, almost unconditional next times come his way. It's time to just tell it how it is, no more jokes, feeling sorry for him etc, boxing has been far more kind and generous to Allen than he deserves. He's had numerous opportunities and big pay days handed to him and he seems to think it's some kind of achievement if he actually applies himself to the sport for a bit when there are hundreds, thousands, millions of athletes all over the world who put far more into whatever sport they're doing than Allen puts in for boxing. Last night was the final straw for me, gets a huge reception entering to his godawful favourite tune, like something off of X Factor. Then he proceeds to plod around the ring, arms down, eyebrows raised and ducking and weaving like a malfunctioning radio controlled weeble. The tub of s**t that turned up for the payday, Darch, continues to miss wildly with telegraphed haymakers, playing up to the Doncaster De La Hoya b*ll*cks perfectly. Then he goes down easily twice and it's over, although there's more to come. Doncaster De La Hoya, Dazzling.....please, just f**k off. Then we get the classic Allen sob story afterwards, apparently boxing is all he has, it's like he thinks he's Harlan "Mountain" McClintock from Requiem For A Heavweight and Rocky Balboa rolled into one with some X Factor sob story narrative thrown in for good measure. When I didn't make it as a footballer I didn't think football was all I had. When both my parents died I didn't think I'd lost everything. When I was working two jobs and living in a bedsit whilst DJing for free all over the country to get myself out there I didn't think poor old little me. Allen needs to wake up and understand that the word extends further than him and his little Bash Street Kids chums, there's a big f**king world out there outside of Doncaster, there are people with struggles that go beyond anything he could probably comprehend. There's no excuse for someone whose well paid job it is to keep in shape so they can perform to turn up looking like him last night, no excuse.

Eggman, Wizbit1013, velagod and 2 others like this.
  3. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    The Kell Brook ring entrance music 'All of the lights' sums up Kell Brook these days - stale, boring, uninspiring, unpopular and the artist having no chance of appearing at the top of the charts again with this sound.

Contrast that to the ring entrance for the 'young lady' who won the World Title last night - 'She is a Belter' is catchy, fresh, vibrant, inspiring, popular and the artist is at the top of the game.

The ringwalk music says it all about last night - a faded star replaced by a female rising star.

Holler and EJC83 like this.
  4. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    I was talking about Brook. :D

Quality rant though. Here's the scores from the Lithuanian judge:

Artists Impression 5.8
    Technical Merit 5.9
    Scorning of paragraphs 6.0

Scissors and EJC83 like this.
  5. Holler

Mar 12, 2018
    Yeah the ring walk was another point where I just felt like he was going through the motions. None of it feels authentic.

Jurgen likes this.
  6. EJC83

Jan 20, 2019
    Haha, sorry pal, I'm still hacked off about Allen, can you tell?!!! Apologies!

7. Holler

Mar 12, 2018
    Yeah that fight was pretty dreadful.

Dave Allen looked pasty and out of shape. Not the worst shape he's ever shown up in, but he clearly could've been better conditioned. I actually have more time for Dorian Darch, journeyman that he is. He's a brave guy who has stepped in the ring with some serious fighters and he does it whilst holding down a full time job. I have to respect that courage, even if he's not the best boxer you'll ever see.

All of Dave's patter is starting to wear a bit thin. Even the Sky Boxing cheerleaders were struggling to maintain much enthusiasm for the circus.

EJC83 likes this.
  8. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Brook will beat Smith in a tough fight
    Smith is tough and durable but not much more than that
    I think Kell is getting some undue criticism here
    De Luca although no world beater was a tough SOB and has never been beat up like that

CST80 and ashishwarrior like this.
  9. Wass1985

Wass1985 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 18, 2012
    The outrage is should Dave Allen and these kind of fights be on Sky Sports?

EJC83 likes this.
  10. EJC83

Jan 20, 2019
    Should they be on at all? If it was in a car park I'd probably walk away after the 5th telegraphed miss

11. mstar

mstar Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Whats it got to do about the artist? Kanye is a genuine musically -but thats another conversation.

If you been to ANY live boxing matches you would know that is probably the best ringwalk entrance in world boxing. The entrance at the o2 vs GGG was one of the best crowd/ring entrance i ever been to. The slow piano/violin entrance to high tempo was magical.

12. Bent-nose

Bent-nose Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2012
    On this very thread our USA friends were telling us how good De Luca was and also how Galahad was going to get his intestines beaten out of him. In reality every featherweight in the world will be dropping their guts at the thought of fighting Galahad.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  13. EJC83

Jan 20, 2019
    I think it's first dance at a Instagram wedding tune personally, stick some pianos and violins at the start to make it seem more profound.........I'm not a fan!

This content is protected

Jurgen likes this.
  14. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    Been to plenty live Boxing matches and you will struggle to get a better ring entrance than Wlad Klitschko at the Imtech Arena Hamburg v Toe.

All to their own taste mate but that tune has had its day like Kell Brook

15. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    Now announced on Sky as The White Rhino, The Donacaster De La Hoya and now DAZZLING Dave Allen yet all on here including me have him as a stale pudding that even the birds won't peck if thrown out in the back garden.

Wass1985 likes this.