**Kelly Pavlik-does he look dried up.....**

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Orishaman, Sep 28, 2007.

1. lefthook31

lefthook31 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jul 6, 2007
    Both guys look ready to go, should be a good one especially since Smoger is reffing, hes the best.

2. Dorfmeister

Dorfmeister Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 8, 2007
    He looks dry enough but weights more than Taylor ( Pavlik 159.5 lbs, Taylor 159 lbs) whereas I can see a clear advantage in muscular thickness to Taylor... Kelly always was long muscled and looks may deceive but there is nothing resembling like a height or reach advantage to Kelly ( arm length - 27'' Taylor, 24 1/2'' Pavlik)... Back to the initial suggestion, Kelly may grow to 169, 170 pounds overnight but nothing like Cotto who looked smaller than Zab at the weigh-in and bigger than him at fightnight.

3. PATSYS

PATSYS Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Boy, Pavlik is huge. Just compare their arm length, their torso, etc. It is kinda like Tito-Winky.

I can not believe Taylor is struggling to make 160. He looks smaller than Winky, he also does not look bigger than Spinks and Ouma.

Tito-Taylor should be a good match.

4. lefthook31

lefthook31 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jul 6, 2007
    Yes I was going to say Cotto really dries himself out. That was the reason he got so chinny at 140, the weight loss was just killing him. So far hes ok at 47 though.

5. PH|LLA

PH|LLA VIP Member Full Member

Feb 1, 2007
    hes way past his prime

6. Danny Ocean

Danny Ocean My nAmE IS MoNeY Full Member

Jun 19, 2007
  7. pit

pit Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 25, 2004
    I can see why Taylor struggles to make 160, he's 6,1 or 6'2 and pretty densely muscled , It only going to get harder as he gets older.
    Pavlic on the other hand is built similar to Hopkins a very thin tall middle weight but strong.

8. Antwuan Maxx

Antwuan Maxx Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 23, 2006
    That picture is somewhat deceiving. Look at the back of their necks. Taylor is standing straight up. Pavlik is leaning slightly forward.

9. Biggame

Biggame Active Member Full Member

Mar 24, 2005
    Taylor looks ready to go, he also looks alot more muscular than Pavlik. I read someone say Pavlik arms look alot bigger, but I think it's the angle and even if so look at how much more muscular Taylor's arms are. His back and chest are very defined and cut compared to Pavlik who appears to look scrawny!

Taylor by KO/TKO!!:bbb

10. Antwuan Maxx

Antwuan Maxx Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 23, 2006
    In the weigh-in video, you clearly see Pavlik is the taller man, though not by much. Anyway, don't matter. Taylor still getting KO'd regardless. And yeah, he did look very tense. He was the first to break eye contact during the staredown.

11. buddynabuick

buddynabuick Active Member Full Member

May 5, 2007

Thats cool and i understand but everyone appreciates and misses you. So when/if you are ready, drop in as it will make ALL happy:happy. I know you realize that words in print sometimes come across the wrong way. There is not ONE person that is happy the way this turned out:verysad

12. mustang sally

mustang sally New Member Full Member

Oct 8, 2005
    Pavlik looks like Bas Rutten

13. MrSmall

MrSmall Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2006
    In the other weighin pics, Pavlik has some TINY and thin looking freakin' wrists.

14. Grabonator

Grabonator Active Member Full Member

Apr 15, 2007
    I think Hopkins had more definition, he looked unbelievable. Zero bodyfat.