Kenshiro Teraji vs. Masamichi Satô

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Aug 22, 2021.

"The Amazing Boy" or "Yabuki"?

Poll closed Sep 22, 2021.
  1. Teraji on points

50.0%
  2. Teraji by stoppage

37.5%
  3. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Sato on points

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Sato by stoppage

12.5%
  1. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    9/10, City Gym in Kyoto. WBC light flyweight title at stake, month defense of Teraji.

Some might view this as being a gimme defense at home, but the challenger from Nagoya merits a closer look. He started his pro campaign just 7-3 but is since riding a streak of five consecutive victories - culminating in having captured and defended the Japanese national title at 108lbs via blitz KO1 and then wide UD. He is also ranked #1 by the WBC and is Teraji's mandatory, so not just some domestic cherry they picked for a voluntary as might be assumed on first blush. He is also very highly regarded by people in the Japanese boxing scene that have trained alongside, sparred, or spectated him, with his physical strength a commonly remarked upon trait.

Both men are 29 years old. Both stand 5'5".

2. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
    I expect Kenshiro to get his man out of there around the 9th round of the fight. Kenshiro levels above Yabuki.

It would be neat for Ioka and Kenshiro to make NYE card together since I'm sure both want to fight in December. :chuck:

IntentionalButt likes this.
  3. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    This content is protected

roughdiamond and JunlongXiFan like this.
  4. JunlongXiFan

JunlongXiFan Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 9, 2020
    Terrible news. I was really looking forward to this fight. Imo when it does happen, Ken Shiro by points. He does have legitimate stoppage power, but Sato is a ridiculous puncher, and Ken Shiro knows to avoid his hands, taking chances for a stoppage could very well lead to him being stopped in a flash.

IntentionalButt likes this.
  5. Stiff Jab

Stiff Jab Despiser of Super-Middleweights Full Member

Jan 7, 2019
  6. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    This was quietly rescheduled for just twelve days from its original date, and is now 48 hours away.

FWIW, not only is Sato ranked in the WBC's top-ten but every other major org as well (IBF #6, WBO #10 and WBA #9) - and of his three professional defeats, two came against current world title holders (Daniel Matellón Ramos, light fly WBA interim champ and Junto Nakatani, flyweight WBO champ coming off a dominant defense over Ángel Luís Acosta Gómez)

7. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
  8. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    So here's the deal with this:

Ordinarily around now, or more realistically around midnight EST, my usual modus operandi would be to make a RBR thread and declare "I'm getting forty winks and setting my alarm, see you guys in a little bit". However...

$20 three-bout PPV, for which there's a non-zero chance (actually like 50-50) it'll be Geo-blocked or elsewise simply not work for people outside Japan. I don't think any of us are watching this one live, buds.

9. Psst1

Psst1 New Member Full Member

Nov 9, 2019
    Kenshiro is in a terrible slump, possibly due to COVID. If he keeps this up, he's going to lose.

IntentionalButt, ShovelHook and CST80 like this.
  10. Psst1

Nov 9, 2019
    8R over
    78-74
    79-73
    77-75
    All the official judges favored Yabuki.
    Kenshiro needs a KO to win this fight.

11. Psst1

Nov 9, 2019
    Great win by Yabuki in 10R TKO.
    Kenshiro wasn't his usual self, he shouldn't have been allowed to fight just a month after COVID.

IntentionalButt and Chuck Norris like this.
  12. Chuck Norris

Aug 31, 2016
    This content is protected

McGrain and CST80 like this.
  13. ShovelHook

ShovelHook Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Another lesson on why you shouldn't hold out on making the superfights in your given division. Banana skins are what this sport thrives on providing errant champions.

14. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    @Psst1 as I recall you're in Japan, right? So you bought the whole PPV from Cantele Doga?

How were Mori vs. Inoue and Kawaguchi vs. Yonaha? Both looked potentially fun, but not sure they help justify a ¥2,200 pricetag.

And did it seem just like Teraji being I'll and lethargic or was it a combination of that and Sato fighting well? I obviously never picked him outright to be a banana peel but did have a feeling he would be a tougher out than many were giving him a chance to be.

Sometimes a championship tier guy can get away with competing in a diminished state and squeaking by lower-level challengers, but even for elites there's a limit. If a guy is dangerous and game and decent enough, you don't want to be anything less than 100%.

15. Chuck Norris

Aug 31, 2016
    Light flyweight has been very eventful this year despite non of the top dogs fighting against each other. Matellon's win over Argumedo, Bermundez over Canizales and now that POS Yabuki over Kenshiro. Also fights like Soto vs Takayama, Kyoguchi vs Vega, Alvarado vs Kriel and etc..

ShovelHook and IntentionalButt like this.