Kessler or Calzaghe?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by dwilson, Oct 30, 2007.

1. dwilson

dwilson Guest

Who will you be supporting come fight night? Calzaghe seems to be a decent guy but does come over as abit of a wanker in interviews while Kessler is pretty similar but has the edge come interview time.

Another way to pick your favorite is to choose the Brit over the Dane but Kessler is half English while Joe is a pride Welshman/Italian who has never hidden his feelings for us in England.

I respect both and for along time I have been in Joe's corner but I can feel myself edging towards giving my support to Kes so will someone clear a few aspects up for me and decide who I should be rooting for come Nov 3rd.

2. The taff

The taff Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2005
    I'm rooting for Joe, but then i've followed his career from the beginning.

3. pecks

pecks ***** Full Member

Feb 26, 2005
    Kessler. I acknowledge that they're both very talented and gifted fighters, but Kessler seems more willing to fight the better opposition.

Should be a great fight. :good

4. Big Ears

Big Ears Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Your right about the opposition , Kessler is taking on Calzaghe while Calzaghe is only taking on Kessler :p .

Seriously though while I like Kessler and think he's good to watch and just good for boxing in general I'll be routing for Calzaghe .
    I've followed his career a lot longer and he's given us plenty of exciting fights over the years .

5. steelem

steelem Active Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2006
    A man from barnsley supporting a Dane - LOL - anyway im with Joe all the way on this - Cmon U Brits

6. bratwurzt

bratwurzt Whore Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Calzaghe can be a dick but anyone who is routing for the Dane can get ta **** out of the British Forum. :nono :bbb

7. StWerburghs

StWerburghs Active Member Full Member

Mar 11, 2006

I only ever see Calzaghe as coming across as a chilled out fella in interviews. He rarely trash talks, and has at most a slight arrogance which most fighters have in abundance.
    He says hes going in to knock people out, and thats the game. Other than that I think hes cool. But different people, especialy if your not a big fan may pick up little things that i have not.

I certainly have never heard him bad mouth the english, considering he was born in london...an accident of location maybe...but kessler i believe his grandmother passed through newcastle briefly once and now he is trying for the english vote.

I like Kessler, he is similar to JC in his manner...but to support him..c'mon

8. Boro chris

Boro chris Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Calzaghe. If only to shut the haters up who are getting ridiculous at the mo!:patsch

9. fatcity

fatcity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 26, 2005
    Kessler.Much more fan friendly style and generally a classier personality.:good

10. Haye

Haye Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 11, 2007
    If both were Brits, then Kessler. He seems like a real likeable guy. Calzaghe can be a dick yeah, but have to favour Calzaghe as he is a Brit, and he needs this win for a legacy that he deserves, whereas Kess has his whole career to carve out a legacy.

11. mike464

mike464 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm hoping Kessler wins.

12. rooq

rooq Rooq's Boxing Promoter Full Member

Jan 16, 2007
    obviously i'll be behind joe as a brit, but if he's going to lose to anyone, i don't mind it being to kessler.

13. oztriker

oztriker Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 28, 2005
    I am edging towards Calzaghe..... but I feel it would be better for the future of the Division if Kessler wins cos there is no way that Joe will continue as a Super Middleweight.:deal

14. morsey

morsey Member Full Member

Mar 24, 2006
    Good to see even the aussies are getting behind the pride of wales!

As a proud welshman and a big Calzaghe fan i will obviously cheering for him!

15. Beatboxer

Beatboxer Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 4, 2006