Kevin Mitchell vs Carl Johaneson

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by robpalmer135, Oct 19, 2007.

1. robpalmer135

robpalmer135 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jun 29, 2007
    Fight has been talked about for a while, Mitchell is Johanesons mandatory and its been talked about for the undercard on Dec 8th for a while if both came through there last fights. Gomez also said "After he beats Mitchell i want a re - match" so it must have been discussed with both fighters before hand.

Both BIG pucnhers, simular amount of fights, simular amount of K.O'S. Put Mitchells undefeated record agianst the fact Johaneson has fought tougher opponents in Gomez, Burns, Gobaladze and Kirakosyan.

I am gonna give it to Mitchell by a last 3rd K.O. Just feel that if its a boxing match Mitchell is to skillful, and if its a War Johaneson has been in to many tough fights and Mitchell is a viscous puncher.

Hopefully the winner will get first crack at Alex Arthur WBO Title.

2. toffeejack

toffeejack Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 30, 2007
    Can't wait for this. Even though Mitchell hasn't really been tested yet I believe he is too good a boxer for Johanesson.

Mitchell TKO 8

3. Dunky McCafferty

Dunky McCafferty Boxing Junkie banned

Aug 24, 2004
    Carl is one of my favourite english fighters. The Leeds lad is a cracking fighter with great power also. I have always rated Carl here, but people always seem to underrate him.

Mitchell hasnt been in with a guy anywhere near Johanessons level, & I believe Carl will suck him into a fight like he did with Ricky Burns, & win by late stoppage or UD. Mitchell is talented, but hes not ready for Carl.

In fact, heres a prediction. I dont think the fight will happen. Warren will know Carl is too dangerous.

In fact, I rate Carl so highly I think hes ready for a fight with Arthur.

4. GazOC

GazOC Guest Star for Team Taff Full Member

Jan 7, 2005
    I don't rate Mitchell TBH, he doesn't do any one thing well enough and he's not a good all rounder either (does that make sense? its getting late). If he meets someone with a decent chin and boxing ability he'll be in trouble.

I'd guess that they'll feed Gomez to him next, that could be an interesting matchup.

5. Dunky McCafferty

Aug 24, 2004
    :lol:

Im laughing cos that has to be the first time I have ever seen you doubting yourself! I dont think you ever need to worry about making sense, your one of the sharpest shooters in here.

In fact, Im still in the huff with you & Strike for exposing my 'sombrerogate' theory & consigning it to the rubbish bin:twisted:

6. GazOC

Jan 7, 2005
    I'm still gutted I was daft enough to believe you couldn't see the video and then tried to help you with your Winamp settings...:roll::lol::patsch

7. Dunky McCafferty

Aug 24, 2004
    Not at all Gaz my good man. It was a dirty low down trick to play on my behalf, but I was a desperate man as you both had me cornered like a rat! & when a rat is cornered, its gonna go for your throat or run up your trouserleg to escape... Now Im wondering if Im making sense as I have been drinking tonight:lol: See what I mean Gaz? Never worry about your own posts, cos theres always someone making a bigger arse of themselves on ESB! As I have just proved with my rat analogy!

8. GazOC

Jan 7, 2005
    You did go pretty quiet after Strike posted that vid, you only claimed you couldn't see it when I asked you about it in another thread..I really should have sussed....'Schoolboy error' as Scotlands best ever centre half would put it.:D

9. Dunky McCafferty

Aug 24, 2004
    If its the Scotland centre half I think you are talking about, last I seen of him he was shopping in Morrisons!

Best ever centre backs for Scotland IMO was Alex McLeish & Willie Miller, those two were awesome. Hansen was a Liverpool great, but one of those guys who was rotten for his country. Dont ask me why! But I do like the big fella on MOTD, hes a good analyst.

10. GazOC

Jan 7, 2005
    I understood the McLeish/ Miller vs Hansen argument, I didn't agree with it but I understood it. What I couldn't get my head around was Hansen not even getting in the squad for the 1986 World Cup, like he wasn't even the 3rd best centre half in Scotland??

11. Strike

Strike Boxing Addict banned

Sep 14, 2004
    :lol::lol:

I think Arthur has too much for Carl, but it would be a cracking fight to watch. But Arthur has improved his lateral movement and his defence and hits too hard and accurately for Carl.

12. Strike

Strike Boxing Addict banned

Sep 14, 2004
    :rofl:rofl:rofl

Quality. Best ESB analogy of the year award goes to you.

13. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Arthur would KO Carl and would trade with him as well.

Carl lost at European level as well.

14. nufc16

nufc16 Active Member Full Member

Dec 3, 2005
    mitchell seems to have shown a decent chin so far in his career. certainly seems to trust his ability to take a shot with the way he fights anyway. not convinced his power is anything like Johaneson 's though.

15. dwilson

dwilson Guest

I've followed Carl for awhile now (in spite of the restraining order obviously) and have been to see him live many times so I will pick him to beat Mitchellas long as he gets through the first round or two. He scares me to death early.

Has the fight started to be arranged yet and any chance of it happening in Yorkshire?

Carl vs Arthur would be a great contest but Arthur would win.