Kevin Mitchell vs Carl Johaneson

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by robpalmer135, Oct 19, 2007.

1. SevenSamurai

SevenSamurai 3 year ESB vet. Full Member

Aug 18, 2005
    Mitchell would stop Johaneson if this fight is sanctioned, and if Johaneson does not bottle out of it. He has a shakey beard, and Mitchell hits like a train for the first 3 to 4 rounds. This fight is made for Johaneson to be stretchered out of the ring in the first 2 or 3 rounds.

2. elle

elle Journeywoman Full Member

Aug 21, 2007

This fight has now been confirmed by FWTV but it won't be on the undercard of Khan v earl on Dec 8th.

Mitchell v Johanneson is scheduled to take place in the New Year - on January 12th at York Hall, Bethnal Green.

3. stuey

stuey Never bet on England Full Member

Aug 13, 2004
    yep, kevs mum has confirmed it is a goer, january time..

4. elle

Aug 21, 2007

Hopefully you'll have recovered from your Vegas trip by then!

5. stuey

Aug 13, 2004
    i might, i suspect my wallet wont have:smoke

6. elle

Aug 21, 2007
    Make sure you get some good photos at Hatton's after fight party - if things get really tight you could always sell them to the highest bidder!

7. stuey

Aug 13, 2004
    good thinking, if i could just catch beckham having a nose up:think

8. Nemesis

Nemesis Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 9, 2005
    gotta be honest, i dont rate Mitchell, and i think he gets stopped as soon as he steps up to domestic level

and the ****er waxes his eyebrows, ponce

9. stuey

Aug 13, 2004

take it from me, he is one tough little ****, vastly underated skills too, one of the many problems of warrens play it safe policy is that those skills slip because you are not having to use them. he wants the step, and needs the step, and for me, he wins this one.
    i will be a little torn though, i like carl too...

10. elle

Aug 21, 2007
    Think Mitchell is a bit underrated. From what i've read he has been refreshingly honest about this fight saying if he can't beat Johanneson
    he might as well pack it in.

11. faisal

faisal Hoolios daddy Full Member

Feb 24, 2007
    hes tough no doubt about that, but he's been spoon fed 3rd rate fighters khans opposition has been far better, fighting carl johennson is going to be a a huge step, his power has only ever been tested once in his last 25 fights against andrea isav and the fight was only stopped due to a cut on isev.

12. stuey

Aug 13, 2004

this is why he needs the step, i believe he will get better as he faces better fighters, he might well lose the 0 at some point, but if he learns from it so be it. i hate warrens obsession with the 0 it causes more harm than good..

13. Nemesis

Dec 9, 2005
    Stu, he's your home fighter, so fair enough. His problem is he seems to get tagged to easily by lower teir fighters, which shows a serious lack of head movement. He probably needs better quality sparring

14. Nemesis

Dec 9, 2005
    Stu, he's your home fighter, so fair enough. His problem is he seems to get tagged to easily by lower teir fighters, which shows a serious lack of head movement. He probably needs better quality sparring

15. stuey

Aug 13, 2004

because he aint had too. when he won the aba's his defence was slick as ****.
    once again i blame warren too many easy fights and your skills erode, especially defence.