Khan banned for 2 years

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Leather_Face, Apr 4, 2023.

1. SeanB1

SeanB1 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Sep 8, 2022
    Dya mean HGH gut mate? I've noticed that, ripped but distended like a turtle shell. I had one when I dieted down to 105kg class strongman, it looks mental. Likely due to internal organ hypertrophy.

Turtle power!

A.Casual, Manning and londonboxingess like this.
  2. Manning

Manning Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 6, 2011
    Tbh. If your profession was boxing you’d be a complete ****** not to take steroids. Even when we ignore the ‘they’re all on it’ craic. What are you actually selling as a pro? The paying public want to see men throwing 1000 punches a fight, built like a Greek statue with KO power. They want to see supermen. If ‘roids make the product better everybody wins. Plus it’s a short career and your putting your body and face on the line every fight. If people don’t want to watch ‘roids in boxing then they better stick to watching boxing at under age level.

SeanB1 likes this.
  3. SeanB1

SeanB1 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Sep 8, 2022
    I think it's a smashing someone else's head on on gear thing that's bad. In strongman powerlifting athletics etc you can only injure your own stupid self

Punchdrunk1, A.Casual and Manning like this.
  4. Manning

Mar 6, 2011
    I think deep down they all know it’s a level playing field.

A.Casual, Astro and SeanB1 like this.
  5. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Which is ridiculous. There needs to be a procedure in place which outlines the whole process.

More worrying is what is the status of a fighter while waiting for a hearing to take place.

Hypothetically would Benn be be free to fight for example until such hearing which could take as you say 11 months?

destruction and Beale like this.
  6. Tomatron

Tomatron Member Full Member

Jul 26, 2021
    Explain what you mean.

7. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Pretty sure both Furys did

edit: It says you get a provisional suspension when they charge you. Khan was charged in April.

Fury was charged over a year after his failed test!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2023
  8. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Whyte got his in days

Wizbit1013 and A.Casual like this.
  9. A.Casual

A.Casual Member Full Member

Oct 31, 2020
    I think it's a level playing field if they ....
    1) keep their drug taking to levels they wont still be popping +ve in camp time
    2) if caught .. accept they've been unlucky and stfu, and go thro the process, to keep the status quo.

re 2 ... there's clearly a move away from that now from those who command the money ...and ...
    .... I suspect they want to set up their own "internal testing/licensing/governing body" free from pesky outside interference.

I know I'm just A.Casual but I'm not accepting this level of ****. I'm not going to pay for a rigged sport. UKAD and the BBBoC really need to start defending themselves by responding to attacks from boxers/promoters. It's far too one-sided at present.
    Test +ve in Olympics? ... done and dusted in about 2 weeks isn't it?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2023
    Manning likes this.
  10. Manning

Mar 6, 2011
    With Waldo not making a big deal out of Fury effectively beating him while the British boxing board coverd up his failed drug test tells you everything you need to know. He basically shrugged his shoulders and moved on and never mentioned it. That tells you what the fighters really think about the rest on the gear. If that was Barca beating Madrid in the CL final with all the players doped up you'd never hear the end of it from Madrid.

SeanB1 likes this.
  11. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    All football players at the professional level are on PEDs mate. The only time they release the results of failed drug tests is when it’s for recreational drugs because they want to cancel a players contract.

It is just as widespread in boxing at the highest level. But at least in boxing they sometimes release the results.

12. Koli55

Koli55 Active Member Full Member

Mar 19, 2021
    You have to be very careful when listening these guys (promoters, Robert Smith etc). Apparently this "we only heard yesterday" is about the hearing results, NOT about the adverse finding itself.

This content is protected

BXNG101 and pow like this.
  13. red boy

red boy Active Member Full Member

May 16, 2011
    Khan could have gave his license up like Bemn but decided to fight his case.

14. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 31, 2010
    Boxing is sports entertainment, like WWF. It’s always been a murky business.

The sport itself, the art, the discipline of boxing - the pugilistic pursuit of self-mastery - is perhaps the noblest of all sports.

yet the moment these kids step out of the gym world and into the business world, the world of snake oil tv execs and silver spoon promoters, is the moment they leave the sport and enter the sports entertainment industry.

An industry where the fighter is the bottom of the food chain, has to say please and thank you to the promoter and the tv exec for this opportunity. Where the promoter is the slave master “like the good old days”.

The business of boxing stinks, it always has done. The sport itself, as a spectacle, when a true fight catches fire in the ring, and the crowd erupts, no other sport can come close.

Seven out of ten fights disappoint. Two out of ten just about live up to expectations. Yeah that was decent, glad I watched. Then there’s that one in ten, which catches fire and reminds everyone watching why boxing is a sport like no other.

15. Manning

Mar 6, 2011
    I'm not convinced it's a big thing in football. It's a team game where inferior players can be carried anyway. If i'm even a relatively average player on 20k a week, 4 year contract I'm not risking losing that to go on a cycle. It's not the same as boxing at all where you have to sell yourself as a superhuman colossus just long enough to hopefully get one big pay day.