Khan banned for 2 years

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Leather_Face, Apr 4, 2023.

1. Manning

Manning Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 6, 2011
    WWF also do a big song and dance about being anti 'roids. :lol: It's all a big dog and pony show like Hearn coming out against 'roids on the one hand while trying to cash out Benn to the public on the other.

2. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Drivel. If boxer a decides to take a ped then he himself, nobody else, has removed any nobleness from the sport. Fighters are to blame and nobody else. They are ultra compeititive and earn millions. So if taking something can help them keep that going and they have smart docs around them then they will do so.

I just see the most limited form of fighting, someone who will only fight once a year, and wants tens of millions in the process. Outright divas boxers are.

3. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    It’s organised in football with sports scientists responsible for the entire squad. You don’t have loan wolves off doing gear by themselves worrying that they might be caught.

It’s common knowledge that the large number of players in Serie A from the 1980s and 1990’s snuffing it early, was caused by the chemicals given to them to enhance speed and strength.

It goes on today across all the elite leagues and elite teams. It’s part and parcel of professional football.

Astro likes this.
  4. Soupar

Soupar New Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2023
    Khan is a total bum, laughing stock. Had a love affair with the canvas all his career and known for being a loser and still be was probably on peds all his career as well hahaha.

Brook is fuming and rightly so.

5. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    Remember when Khan ate the strawberries and cream with that Iain guy and then blamed it on Iain.
    This content is protected

pow and Beale like this.
  6. Beale

Beale Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 13, 2023
    Once a lying cheat, always ..........

Astro and DramaShow like this.
  7. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    So the BBoC couldn't tell Shalom about a provisional charge and a rematch wouldn't be possible?

8. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    As far as I read it as soon as the provisional suspension is inplace then you can't participate in whatever sport you are in. It's not the board who are allowed to say or not, UKAD should inform the necessary people involved in the sport

A more interesting thing for me is that Khan was named, as boxers names had been hidden on the UKAD site for a while. Can't remember when and for how long but will be interesting to see if that has changed

Last edited: Apr 5, 2023
    SeanB1 likes this.
  9. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Which means Shalom knew about the adverse finding or the promoter doesnt get told.

I saw an interview with Kalle and he said as far as he was aware UKAD testing would alert the promoter of any adverse test results.

SeanB1 likes this.
  10. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    I'm actually not sure to be honest. Maybe because it was after the fight then they don't? No idea. Listened to a podcast where they said it's only the board that are notified.

UKADs rules are for all sports so no doubt Boxing will add a murky unknown element to it.

SeanB1 likes this.
  11. Norsemen

Norsemen New Member Full Member

Feb 26, 2022
    Good interview with Khan on Talksport just now. He didnt do himself any favours.

Decent gentle interviewing there.

SeanB1 likes this.
  12. Cookiedough

Cookiedough Active Member Full Member

Feb 18, 2020
    Great interview on BBTV with Kerry Kayes and guests discussing peds. Interesting listening if anyone is interested. Dillian Whytes case is pure bad luck. Feel for DIllian. Sounds like he got royally shafted.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  13. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Weird one this as he is retired- it’s more a newsworthy item for the front pages and not the back pages.

Was he planning a comeback?

14. Joe.Boxer

Joe.Boxer Chinchecker Full Member

Jan 8, 2011
    No comments on the Talksport interviews?? Khan is comedy gold :qmeparto:.

His stance is basically;

1. He has no idea how the stuff got into his system (obviously).
    2. There was only a tiny trace amount found so it wouldn't have assisted him anyways.

Oh, and Kelly Brook can't complain because he still won their fight!

On The Money likes this.
  15. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012

I bet Khan wishes his dick was as long as his Pinocchio nose.