Khan Brook negotiations collapse

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by On_The_Ropes, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Khan telling people to defend their title when he hasn't been a belt holder in half a decade is too much.

2. kobashi

kobashi Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Why should Kell accept less money because amir Khan has to give al haymon a huge split??

How is that kell Brook's fault?

3. Bent-nose

Bent-nose Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Witter called Hatton out on TV at his fight with Thaxton in 2000. Hatton was happy to defend his title against Jason Rowland and Stephen Smith and then a series of imported super-featherweights. He then claimed that he had the Witter fight inserted into his contract. Was he telling the truth?
    He then said he wouldn't fight Witter until Witter won a world title.
    After this happened he changed his mind again. He decided he wouldn't fight Witter because Witter shook his hand at the Sports Personality of the year award and said to him "one day".
    Hatton will always remembered for ducking Witter for a decade.

4. Bent-nose

Bent-nose Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Nail on the head.

5. Kahuna

Kahuna Active Member Full Member

May 22, 2014
    Serious question..who has Khan ever schooled?

Devon Alexander possibly but Alexander had already lost to Porter who went on to be dominated by Brook.

Kell would win easily. And Khan knows it, hence the duck and the refusal to accept the 70/30 to the winner.

6. Darni187

Darni187 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Brook's in a hard place here, Khan's in the driving seat..

Brook should forget what Khan making and take the career high pay day, or the other option is a far less money to face a unknown but very tough Spence..

I know which option I would take, I think Brook's Dad blocking the fight.

But i have a feeling the fight might still get made..

7. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Christ, what part of my post didn't you get? I'm not saying that Hatton was super keen to face Witter or anything like that, just that if you asked the average man in the street what they remember of Hatton that Junior Witter would be pretty low down the list if on it at all.

Regardless of your feelings about his level of ability, Junior wasn't and isn't well known. As an aside, would Witter have accepted the same amount of cash as the likes of Rowland? Prob not and I could see why. There are several reasons why Ricky 'ducked' him imo.

He could get the same amount of cash for easier fights against people he didn't dislike to the point that he didn't want to give them a lucrative payday. I actually think he was wrong to freeze out Witter but to act like that's what people remember him for is straight up wrong.

8. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    Frustrating to see the way Kell's career has gone since Porter, which was almost 2 and a half years ago. He should have fought everybody at welterweight in that time.

In the alternate timeline in my head, he could have beaten Thurman and Garcia and been on a collision course with Pacman by now. Khan would be a sideshow.

9. dannyc1990

dannyc1990 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 25, 2013
    More silliness from khan in his latest fighthype interview just uploaded..

The fight fell apart cos kell showed a lack of respect by sayin he has a glass jaw and he'l knock him out lol. What does he expect brook to say? Why does he want his opponent to kiss his ass and tell him hes great?

Then goes on about how the 30% is more than kells ever earned, if true that isnt even the point its about fairness. Kell may earn more than his 3m v golovkin but then if say 3.5m is 30% then that means khan is getting around 10m. Just stupid from khan as usual

10. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015
    The whole 30% is Brook's biggest payday is stupid. So what if it is that still doesn't mean Khan deserves 70% of the pie. Why should brook accept the payday knowing his opponent is unjustly making more than double.

11. kobashi

kobashi Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2010
    So Khan is back on the whole lack of respect excuse again.

Amir has thrown shots at Kell for 5 years but Kell has no right throwing shots back

Khan sounds upset and hurt in that video. Honestly think he judged this all wrong. He thought the UK fans were gonna back him up with the 70/30 demand when the total opposite happened. Everyone has said Khan is making silly demands. Think Amir is shocked that fans are on his back.

The guys is delusional. Oh and the guy who runs fight hype. Don't know his name but man he loves sucking Khan's dick.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  12. CathyBarry

CathyBarry Active Member Full Member

Jan 10, 2016
    Khan's one of the worst things to come out of British boxing! He's a cancer, a parasite!

13. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Brook went life and death with Porter
    Porter went life and death with Alexander
    Khan absolutely dominated Alexander

Honest question have you ever watched a Khan fight? You sound like a casual Eddie Hearn cum guzzler.

Did you see Khan vs Collazo
    Or Thurman vs Collazo.

Watch both and get back to me

14. CathyBarry

CathyBarry Active Member Full Member

Jan 10, 2016
    You're the only person who thinks Porter went life and death with Alexander. Porter won easily!

15. liger1992

liger1992 Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Life and death. Please.

Brook won that fight 7-5 minimum. All the cleaner accurate shots came from brook. There was no life and death about it.