Khan & Crawford are SAME AGE, but look at who they fought, what if Bud fought Khans opponents & vice

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by El Chicano, Dec 5, 2018.

1. DoubleJ

DoubleJ Active Member Full Member

May 16, 2018
    Nice thread, btw. I hadn't considered they are the same age, went through the same divisions.

kirk likes this.
  2. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Credit for trying. But trying and failing is still failing. Especially when you fail big. And show those weaknesses in near-loss victories, as Khan always has. Sorry but Maidana, Kotelnik, and Judah don't carry that much weight to override that argument for me like you're stating. Just opinions, we all have them.

3. Cafe

Cafe Sitzpinkler Full Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Part of the problem with Crawford's underwhelming resume is that, he fought in weak divisions. And this is what happens. He fought at lightweight which at the time was probably the worst division in boxing. You had Burns and Beltran as the top fighters before Crawford came along. Then you move on to JWW and it's a similar case.

Crawford fought everyone he had to fight. So it's not his fault. Now you move on to WW, and it's a division where Al Haymon is king. So there's plenty of fighters to fight unfortunately they're on the other side of the fence. They probably will happen but it will take some time which is unfortunate but it's just the way it is.

Nonito Smoak likes this.
  4. PH|LLA

PH|LLA VIP Member Full Member

Feb 1, 2007
    What a ****ing joke Khan got ktfo by Breidis Prescott. Indongo would've put him to sleep.

5. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    I say Bud does well against all the guys Khan has faced except Canelo.

6. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Trying and failing trumps not trying every single time, for me. Penalizing fighters that actually take the hard road, because they took Ls along the way.... by holding the ones that never had their vulnerabilities revealed or been defeated because they never put themselves out there, is imo a mindset thats somewhat corrosive to boxing as a sport, while nurturing the culture of taking easier fights so that the fighters remain 'undefeated'.

I could understand someone having them even, but having Crawford ahead, when Khan has the single best win, and whose losses against Garcia and Canelo are against level of fighters Crawford hasnt even been in with yet seems completely devoid of reason. The guy with the best win between them, with the rest of the fights being fairly close in significance, while having fought in total the better fighters, being ranked below... makes no sense lol. But meh.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  7. The Long Count

The Long Count Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Khan has fought better competition period.

Khan deserves respect for the challenges he has taken.

8. Nonito Smoak

Sep 8, 2010
    You don't get rewarded for having your limitations exploited. Props for trying, you never prove yourself without it, but no credit for showing me that a young 135 pound version of himself couldn't last 90 seconds with Briedis Prescott. And wouldn't have been able to in an immediate rematch, either. And who got destroyed by Garcia in a way that Garcia never destroyed anyone else in, let alone world class. Barely surviving Julio Diaz, etc. Good job picking up the win but when comparing two good resumes as we are here, that is actually a negative to the level Crawford has ever shown. So many more factors than just, "ah he fought the better names." It's a case by case basis as well, we all value things differently. I'm just explaining a tad why I disagree here, I know you're a great poster I'm not trying to deuce on you or rile you up. With your definitive statements though, I think you would be in a rage to discover that 90% of talking forum goers right now would rate Lomachenko well over Donaire career totality. And that is much more outrageous than Crawford over Khan if I'm trying to think by your claims. Who knows, maybe Crawford drops three straight looking unimpressive and retires and maybe I see things differently from there.

9. Nonito Smoak

Sep 8, 2010
    Khan was also a "super phenom prospect" selling out stadiums in his novice fights, getting treatment and paychecks Crawford wouldn't for years and years to come. He had the easier way up, certainly, and still got sparked out before he ever got his title shot of which he was less deserving than Crawford to initially even get. He also was famous for being respected to a high level even by those who hate him yet fighting infrequently with many tune ups making headlines mostly for the fights he wasn't getting. I think people look back on Khan's 09-11 with a bit of rose-tinted glasses on (this from one who thinks higher of Maidana and Paulie than your average fan does).