Khan has one of the best records in boxing!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by dangerousity, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    I think his devastating brutal knock out losses to the likes of Canelo, Danny Garcia and Prescott tell their own story. Also floored several times in other fights.

2. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    I think his devastating brutal knock out losses to the likes of Canelo, Danny Garcia and Prescott tell their own story. Also floored several times in other fights.

3. Work the body

Work the body Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 5, 2015
    Brook would have knocked Khan out 2014 when he beat Porter not so sure now Brook looks shot. They both do really.

I don’t know much about Khans early career tbh I just enjoy watching him fight lol. I mean I didn’t really see any of his early pro fights. I’ll have to have a look. I knew he won the silver medal obviously

4. Rock0052

Rock0052 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2006
    To be fair, his resume does tend to get a bit underrated.

I thought he got jobbed vs Peterson, but having Alexander, Kotelnik, Maidana as official top three wins isnt something to sneeze at.

5. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot Momento mori Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    still don't understand the hate for the man he's willing to get ktfo for your entertainment he really won me over after the canelo fight when he called out nelo "i just jump up two weights " my words stop being a ***** and fight G *****

6. PernellSweetPea

PernellSweetPea Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 26, 2009
    He has fought some top fighters, but he sure leaves his chin out there. I give a chance tomorrow night. I think we all see what his potential was, but chances are his chin will get in the way of Crawford's glove tomorrow night. That always happens no matter how much we hope he can win. But again, I give him a chance to land his right hand and hurt Crawford. But everytime he hurts someone he goes for broke and gets countered. Can't he hurt someone and sit back and counterpunch and wait for an opportunity? He always had to make it a gamble and his chin is not good. So we will see.

7. dangerousity

dangerousity Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2005
    Duran, pacquiao, Lewis all got savagely knocked out. Doesn’t make them lesser fighters.

UniversalPart likes this.
  8. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    I think it’s more than just the knockouts Khan has suffered it’s more to do with his grand delusions of his true standing in the sport. He was physically gifted with hand speed and foot speed but his boxing intellect was very bad.

mark ant likes this.
  9. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007

10. dangerousity

Jan 4, 2005
    Every fighter has grand delusions of their standing in the sport. Malignaggi thinks he’s something special, as does broner.

11. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    Several times?

Also those guys beat the absolute top fighters in their divisions, multiple divisions in the case of Pac and Duran.

Khan has never faced the champion in any division he's been in, and didn't even win a title at 135 or 147 despite having campaigned in them for years. He won a trinket belt against the worst title holder at 140. Even Gavin Rees did that at 140.

bandeedo likes this.
  12. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Yes but at some stage reality should set in especially after several brutal knockouts not strutting about as if you are as good as Sugar Ray Robinson. Khan knows he is going to lose and get stopped against Bud. However it’s an exercise in damage limitation in the sense he can live with himself after Bud beats him instead of Kell Brook beating him as that would make life unbearable.

13. dangerousity

Jan 4, 2005
    Pac got stopped 2-3 times? I forget.

Lewis been stopped twice. Khan stopped thrice. So no big difference.

Khan has faced 13 current or former champions and beat 11 of them. Which active fighters have a better claim than that?

14. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007

15. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Lamont Peterson, Canelo, Danny Garcia and Bredis Prescott have all beaten him the latter 3 stopping him so please provide the full record.