Khan: Haven't ruled out McGregor fight in UFC or boxing

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Sir Will Wigan, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Gneus7

Gneus7 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 29, 2007
    Well then chasing the likes of Canelo, Pacquiao and McGregor is his best chance of making big money.

2. Gneus7

Mar 29, 2007
    Khan got the Canelo fight which most people weren't expecting so you never know. McGregor might be tempted by the thought of getting a highlight reel KO.

3. jmashyaka

jmashyaka Boxing Addict Full Member

May 7, 2016
    None of them want to fight him though.

4. Ilesey

Ilesey ~ Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    This content is protected

5. Gneus7

Mar 29, 2007
    The Canelo fight already happened. Pacquiao seemed interested and I (and probably you too) have no idea if McGregor is interested or not. Regardless, if he wants the paydays there's no harm in trying.

6. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    Yeah Canelo did, Pac would fight anyone for big money especially someone like Khan but the offer from Dubai was basically monopoly money. McGregor would only fight Floyd as its life changing money.

Yeah it doesn't but if your not gunna get the fights why stall out your career, he needs to fight Peterson or Garcia next, both are highly ranked and have wins over him.

7. Gneus7

Mar 29, 2007
    Probably but I also think he might think KOing Khan (or any other reasonably famous boxer) might help him get the Mayweather fight.

You just said they both stop him. He needs to fight someone he can beat impressively or whoever pays the most next.

8. Savagekat

Savagekat TEAM USYK. I AM VERY FEEL! Full Member

Jan 1, 2008
    Khan is a master of grossly overestimating his stature and value as a fighter. It's a shame really because if he was dedicated to the sport he would be working on his flaws and earning the respect he thinks he's entitled to. His natural speed is something many fighters would give their left arm for. Instead he runs his mouth in hopes of landing a big payday.

In fact, that's what Khan's all about: undeserved paydays and the gentle stroking of his ego that comes with being a boxer mentioned with the big names. He is the definition of form over substance honestly and it's hard to feel bad for him when he gets comically KO'd.

Work the body likes this.
  9. jmashyaka

May 7, 2016
    The hold up isn't a Mayweather he seems very keen on the fight, the hold up is the UFC from what I understand.

Yeah they do both stop him imo, in that case maybe a Collazo rematch or a fight with Bradley to shake the rust off then go after Garcia or Peterson before challenging for a title.

Gneus7 likes this.
  10. Work the body

Work the body Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 5, 2015
    This is getting ridiculous now. Just fight a decent welterweight ffs.

Seriously, if Khan keeps taking bad loses the Brook fight will disappear forever. He may as well just cash out at this stage.

I used to support him but he makes it almost impossible to these days.

jmashyaka likes this.
  11. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Lol Khan once again over inflating his own self worth, the guy is so deluded. Nobody gives a **** about a McGregor/Khan fight.

12. Octolony shore

Octolony shore Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2016
    I would love to see Khan getting choked out and big John mcarthy carrying the fool Out the cage.

13. rski

rski Well-Known Member Full Member

May 12, 2013
    He isn't helping himself with statements like that, just comes across as jumping on the bandwagon, hoping people will talk about it for a year like had been doning with Mayweather v McGegor. pretty desperate for attention really, and he still talks like he hasn't been knocked out and is pound for pound number 1. he is just an unlikeable guy at this point, I admired his bravery in the ring but his personality has grated to the point I couldn't care less what he does now.

14. Octolony shore

Octolony shore Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Even his family are sick of him.

15. mrdoctor

mrdoctor GGG Full Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Is he more dumb than Eubabk?