Khan is finished

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Stewbear, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Zakman

Zakman ESB's Chinchecker Full Member

Apr 16, 2005
    There are few hyped or rated boxers ever with a chin worse than Fraudley. JEEZ, he was KTFO by a guy with less than a 50 percent KO record! :patsch That's Herbie Hide territory. :nod

Khan differs only in that his glass jaw has not been thoroughly exposed yet. But the signs were there before this fight, and it's hard to realistically deny it now. Why do YOU think his management cherry-picked tomato cans with low KO percentages and then, in their first fight against decent comp, went straight for a guy who was a light-hitter - and he couldn't even remain standing against that guy!!! :huh :patsch

Think his handlers might know something you don't???:lol:

2. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    The right hand that Williams decked him with, finishes many men. The punch Sprott landed on him was a freak punch that was devastating and Harrison was beggining for it.

I always said Khans record suggests he is avoiding punchers but why are you hating on his chin? He hasn't got a great chin, so what? He has a big heart and that is what you should be talking about.

3. Zakman

Apr 16, 2005
    Forget about Khan - you're actually defending Fraudley's chin??????:patsch Listen man, Fraudley was getting shook up by tomato can BEFORE Williams decked him and Sprott finished him. And I've heard from more than one source that he was laid out cold in the gym more than once. Neither Williams - or certainly Sprott, for goodness sake - is known as a devastating puncher, and the guy with the lighter punch starched A-Farce.

Guy with even questionable beards aren't gonna get knocked into lala land the way Harrison did against Sprott. If he doesn't have a glass jaw in your view, then no one must!!:-(

4. achillesthegreat

Jul 21, 2004
    Harrison took a punch that puts many people out, period. Williams can PUNCH!

Harrison was hardly being shook by them.

Did you not see what Williams did to Tyson? or to Meehan? or to Sprott? Williams can PUNCH!

Sprott isn't a huge puncher but what he landed was devastating.

Harrison is not the pit of all chins. He doesn't have a great chin but he hardly has a journeyman chin that gets put out for 10 in every fight.

5. Zakman

Apr 16, 2005
    There are plenty of journeymen with better chins that Fraudley. Ever heard of Bigfoot Martin or Marion WIlson, just to name a couple.

Shoot, there's probably a few tomato cans with chins better than A-Farce.:lol:

6. achillesthegreat

Jul 21, 2004
    There are plenty of boxers with worse chins too.

7. Stewbear

Stewbear Active Member Full Member

May 5, 2006
    This whole chin argument is crazy when I think china chin I think Morrison guys getting knocked down by nothing, while Audley may have a weak chin the punch Sprott hit him with was huge.

8. DonPrestige

DonPrestige Active Member Full Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Yeh while I do think Fraudley doesnt have a decent chin you cant really base that comment off the sprott punch coz that was a big punch he pulled out in that fight.

9. pinpointzero

pinpointzero New Member Full Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Perhaps.. But Khan is kinda believable as opposed to Harrison who's just a bit silly.

10. Boro chris

Boro chris Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 14, 2005
    Whilst Fraudleys chin wouldn't exactly make Ray Mercer sigh with envy,it was never the main reason he was such a shite fighter. Non existant stamina,a blind terror of taking any sort of punishment (cowardice rather than a complete chinna chin) no snap in his southpaw lead and a smug personality that endeared him to precisely no-one are the main culprits.
    Why worry about the chin when theres so many other problems?:yep

11. box-now

box-now Active Member Full Member

Oct 10, 2006
    i will be delighted when china chin gets ko'd i cant wait! i used to like him but since he's been coming out with all the **** that falls from his mouth i just cant stand him, he slags of other fighters clearly thinks he's above all the other british light weights and has more or less had the commonwealth belt bought for him by uncle warren. willie knocked him out he never made the count.

12. mmickyward

mmickyward Member Full Member

Jul 2, 2006
    khans marketability has gone up especially with the casual boxing fan.Yeah he got decked but came back to finish his opponent in the next round.I still rate him highly. Limond is probably just below european level and is no mug by a long shot. That bit of vunerability makes a fighter more exciting.

loved seeing warren shitting bricks at ringside though

13. stake501

stake501 Active Member Full Member

Apr 7, 2007
    khan exciting

harrison boring

difference = fans

if Khan is so disrectful , why is he so popular????

i will bet my bottom dollar he is no more disrespectful than earl or thaxton.

If I remember rightly Earl and Katsidis had a war of qwords before their fight. I dont remember ppl saying anything disparaging about Earl or Katsidis

14. kurt2006

kurt2006 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 5, 2006
    Easy answer to why he is popular, the Olympic performance. Got him the publicity and clever marketing since has kept him in the public eye.

Anal Force also got the medal but was a complete p"ick he did not know how to manage or market himself and you can see the results now.

15. Decebal

Decebal Lucian Bute Full Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Mate, you misspelled Limond's name in your username...you have zero credibility here...best to take a hike!:good