Khan is the greatest since lennox lewis

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by khans army, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Khan's career can be summed up in the Canelo fight - great boxing skills, speed and winning the first 5 rounds then bingo punch lands and it is goodnight.

He was a very good boxer with a Ronnie Pickering chin.

Jamal Perkins likes this.
  2. Jamal Perkins

Jamal Perkins Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 19, 2012
    I cant argue with anything you say these are very well made points and id wager 99% of reasonable knowledgable posters agree with you.

I was trying to be kind to khan as ive told it like it was on my other thread about Khan...youre right the crawford fight was a shameless quit job to preserve his self proclaimed "brand".

The amateurish foolish style that caused the prescott loss never left him entirely.

Realism Boxing likes this.
  3. Jamal Perkins

Oct 19, 2012
    That fight was his best performance a small insight into what he couldve been....he was making a mug of garcia too for a few rounds....

If khan had a iron chin...his ring legacy would be very different.....still the moneys what mattered...hes done hugely well there....and lets not forget one thing ....the kid entertained us....what a performer....what heart.....he really put on a show....boxing needs more like him...sadly in the present day its lacking

Jurgen likes this.
  4. Jamal Perkins

Oct 19, 2012
    Does anyone think khan has it in him...a duran 1983 like comeback? It would mean hed have to fight and beat live top 8 bodies....something hes,not done for 8 years...

5. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    He didn't win the first 5 though. Watch it again. Also it wasn't just 1 bingo shot, Canelo set that up with body work in the previous round. Thst round took alot out of Khan. I had him 3-2 up.

6. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    I am one of the few on here that enjoyed his boxing and would have been one of the great elite fighters with a half decent chin.

7. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    I thought he did at the time and was boxing very well although Canelo is a clever fighter as you say.

8. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Yeah I'm not knocking Khan bit he was always going to have early success. Canelo was comimg on strong and caused damage. He dropped his hands and paid the price, that punch would have KOd many fighters not just ones with questionable chins but his hands were down by his side. His defence has always been very poor.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
    Jurgen likes this.
  9. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict Full Member

May 31, 2010
    Kahan teeing off on the shot bloated corpse of a retired old Mexican bantamweight legend was a disgrace. Detracts from his resume if anything.

Street Disciple likes this.