Khan moving up to Light Welter???

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by robpalmer135, Oct 6, 2007.

1. chesh

chesh Active Member Full Member

Jul 2, 2006
    He's fight N'dou in a rematch (it was in N'dou's contract) on the undercard of Hatton-Mayweather December 8th.

2. rooq

rooq Rooq's Boxing Promoter Full Member

Jan 16, 2007
    i think khan can make lightweight for at least another 2 years...unless he's manouvered up to a higher weight to get a world title shot.

3. pijo

pijo Feed the Pope Full Member

Jul 28, 2007
    :good

4. stake501

stake501 Active Member Full Member

Apr 7, 2007
    what madness...khan due to his popularity can afford to take his time and do things the right way i.e commonwealth, british, european, world

There is absolutely no need to throw him in there with the likes of torres malignaggi, diaz or katsides, til he masters the fundamentals. This is regardless of what he wants.

When you are 20 years old, what you want is not often what you need. We should remember if this boy was handled correctly, he would be going to Beijing next year.

I think he is an exceptional talent but it seems only FWarren knows realistically the best way to progress him.

i still stick to the point now that he is pro, he should fight more often and abroad, and also get some sparring/training in the US as often as possible

5. rooq

rooq Rooq's Boxing Promoter Full Member

Jan 16, 2007
    i agree there. for now FWs caution is the best approach, and he should try dominating the domestic scene over the next 4 fights and not worry about world title fights and ****.

the problem is that since he won that silver medal, he's got it in his head that to be remembered you have to be the youngest when achieving something....no no no amir, you'll be remembered if you win a title against good competition, manage to keep it and make the nation proud of you. have a chat with ricky hatton.

6. Relentless

Relentless VIP Member banned

Mar 5, 2006
    ndou overrated? what the hell do you know? do you watch boxing other than the domestic crap?

who the **** overrates n'dou? go on find me a quote or something?

if n'dou is so overrated i wonder why the best p4p fighter in the world is hiring him as his sparring partner to train for ricky hatton.

7. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    I'm sure fasting ****ed up his making weight. When he hasn't eaten all day then he has to break fast. So I can't imagine how he dried out at all for the weigh in.

Khan physically looks a little more intimidating each fight.

8. elle

elle Journeywoman Full Member

Aug 21, 2007

I also agree. Confidence and self belief are great qualities in a prospect like Khan but he does seem quite impetuous at times and needs to be more patient - good things normally come to those who wait.

He comes across as a young guy in a hurry whereas I wish he would just concentrate more on perfecting his craft than setting himself unrealistic goals like becoming World Champ by the age of 21 - and then falling short of his own expectations.

9. Charles187

Charles187 Active Member Full Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Lol - no cant stand boxing hought this was a golf site. You seemed to be using his fight with N'dou as some kind of a benchmark to be impressed by and I was just saying that I wasnt. Im sure he'll make an adequate sparring partner though but thats about it.

10. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Boris Christoff Full Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Malignaggi is a better fighter than Khan anyway, possibly even a better talent. He certainly has enough power to send the badly damaged Khan train to the shelf.

Ol' Wullie already fixed that train permanent.

But since Jermain Taylor has since been removed, I really have only minimal ill feelings towards Khan, Taylor was far worse a black mark on the sport as a whole.

11. gutto

gutto Guest

I Think KHAN Is Doing Well But Needs a Step Up in class But Not Sure Hes World Class. Not Ready For A World title fight Imo By A Long Way

12. ThePlugInBabies

ThePlugInBabies ♪ ♫ Full Member

Jan 27, 2007
    it's all becoming clear now why gavin rees got that title shot.

13. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Malignaggi is eventually a good match up for Khan. Khan has height, reach and maybe speed advantage. Khan with an extra 5 pounds at 140 begins to get a little more intimidating when it comes to strength and powe.

Thinking about Paulie is jumping the gun.

Khan has to think about Earl and Thaxton - NOTHING ELSE. These experienced cats will do EVERYTHING to upset the gravy train.

14. Relentless

Relentless VIP Member banned

Mar 5, 2006
    malignaggi hits harder than limond, a guy who put khan into ***** street.