Khan says goodbye to Thaxton

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by KCD, Mar 9, 2008.

1. dwilson

dwilson Guest

Juan Diaz only lost to Nate Cambell because Amir Khan is his soon to be mandatory. Anything to avoid the Bolton Bulldozer.

2. UKFightFan

UKFightFan Member Full Member

Oct 24, 2007
    Khan would beat Thaxton easily and I think Thaxton is a UK level fighter. I think Khan has greater plans than Thaxton so I do not really care to see this fight.

I think the situation is different to Witter/Hatton because Witter is a world champion and Hatton still does not want to fight him. For both Hatton and Khan to state that they do not want to give a fighter a payday is pathetic and makes me lose a lot of respect for them as a fighter. Hatton has no excuses for ducking Witter but Khan can simply state that he wants to move to the world scene ASAP and sees no point fighting for domestic honours.

3. Smirf

Smirf Lets get ready to rumble Full Member

Feb 20, 2008
    Diaz would easily beat khan

4. dwilson

dwilson Guest

And Diaz would easily beat Cambell?

Diaz is very good but obviously not great.

5. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    true.

6. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    :-( thought you were a better poster than that.

7. Makaaveli

Makaaveli New Member Full Member

Jan 21, 2008
    I seriously doubt that... if you've seen khan fight, then you would know that the case is more that thaxton would get ko'd, and it's warren and khan that dont want him to get his pay day.

And we'll see if your right, if khan wants to fight for the title shot and he said he definitly will by the end of this year, then he won't have to go up against washed up fighters thats for sure.

8. Akxtinguish

Akxtinguish Belt holder Full Member

Dec 6, 2007
    I say line up Witter-Hatton and Khan-Thaxton on the same night, same venue. Enough of this "payday" nonsense. If that's not a big event, then I don't know what is.

9. Decebal

Decebal Lucian Bute Full Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Disapointing to hear Khan use the same kind of "I am not going to give him his biggest payday" snipe Hatton uses...

10. elle

elle Journeywoman Full Member

Aug 21, 2007

I agree - 21 years old and talking about not giving Thaxton, who has been boxing professionally since Khan was approx 6 years old, his biggest payday. So disrespectful to a decent fellow pro.

11. dwilson

dwilson Guest

Khan to the fans "**** you all!"

12. stake501

stake501 Active Member Full Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Let Khan fight Kristanjen and let thaxton fight Romanov, and then the winners should fight (hopefully for the Britsh/Commonwealth/european/WBO eliminator titles)

But...I would be very surprised if its not a Khan Romanov fight in the summer.

Then will people be calling for Thaxton Khan......doubt it

If Khan gets the WBOllox somehow, wouldnt it be funny if he asked Thaxton to win a world title, then he'll give him a shot.....now that would be like Hatton. (Witter has achieved this and still no shot)

13. Beeston Brawler

Beeston Brawler Comical Ali-egedly Full Member

Jan 9, 2008
    I doubt big Mick Hennessy could afford to pay Khan and Thaxton to fight on his shows..........

Especially as Amir has an exclusive deal with ITV.