Khan Turns Down Naomi Campbell

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by IronBull, Sep 12, 2007.

1. IronBull

IronBull Active Member Full Member

Sep 1, 2005
    Most men would do anything for a date with Naomi Campbell - but boxing hotshot Amir Khan is so focused on his next fight he turned down the chance of a photo shoot with one of the world's top supermodels.

The Commonwealth Lightweight Champion was asked to take part in a double-page spread for fashion bible Vogue magazine, but had to decline due to his heavy training commitments.

He takes on Stoke hardman Scott Lawton at the Nottingham Arena on October 6 in the biggest fight of his professional career to date.

And Khan knows he has to silence the critics after being given a scare by Willie Limond last time out - and can't afford to cut corners in the gym.

"Naomi is one of the world's most photographed women, and it would have been fantastic to meet her," said the unbeaten 20-year-old star.

"But unfortunately the photo shoot was too close to my fight with Lawton, and my boxing training will always come first but I'm really grateful they gave me the opportunity."

"It's easy to get distracted, and while it's amazing to get asked to do so many different things, when I've got a fight coming up, there's only one thing I think about and that's training and winning."

"Perhaps we can team up some other time - or if she'd like to come to the Nottingham show, I'll make sure she gets the best seats in the house!"

Khan tackles Lawton live on ITV1, and looks to extend his record to 14-0. It has now been confirmed that Khan's Commonwealth Title will be on the line against Lawton.

http://www.sportinglife.com/boxing/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=boxing/07/09/12/manual_121456.html

2. sean

sean pale peice of pig`s ear Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    he should count his blessings.

if he never sucked up to her, she would throw more punches at him, than most of his first 10 opponents.

obviously i dont know her but she comes across as a complete prima donna.

3. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    I thought you meant Nate Campbell at first.

Khan should have fitted it in for publicity. All publicity is good for him. Good that he is thinking of his boxing though.

4. T.C.W

T.C.W Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Boxing should be always first and Khan knows that.

5. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
    She'd probably KO Khan with a phone to the chin.

6. Jack Dempsey

Jack Dempsey Legend Full Member

Jun 13, 2005
    I'd rather drink bleach than be within 10 yards of Naomi Campbell, she's a thoroughly despicable human being

7. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    I find her unattractive- am i gay?

8. Danny Ocean

Danny Ocean My nAmE IS MoNeY Full Member

Jun 19, 2007
    yes

9. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    lol thanks :lol:

10. achillesthegreat

Jul 21, 2004
    You must look at this. If Naomi is standing in front of you naked and says Jeff I want you to **** me now.

What is your reaction?

11. achillesthegreat

Jul 21, 2004
    Being a model doesn't necessarily mean you are sexy, pretty or even attractive. They want a particular build and look. NC does have it.

12. Club Fighter

Club Fighter Boxing Addict banned

Oct 12, 2005
    Despite that I bet you'd shag her, though.

This content is protected

13. achillesthegreat

Jul 21, 2004

Jeff doesn't impress me anymore!

14. PowerPuncher

PowerPuncher VIP Member Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Khans knows Naomi has more muscle than any of his previous opponents, far more height and reach and is too big a step up in this stage in his career

15. sandwichsurgeon

sandwichsurgeon Active Member Full Member

Feb 23, 2007
    They were going to do it but Frank wanted his now legendary "options" on Naomi in case she had a strop and sparked him.