Khan v Gamboa

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by D-MAC, May 28, 2008.

1. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    If knowledge is power then this statement is Barry Jones.

2. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    They both have two arms, two legs, weenies, eyes, mouths, noses, 10 fingers and like boxing. :good

3. onourway

onourway Haye KTFO1 Wlad Full Member

Mar 31, 2008
    If we rule out boxing commentators on the basis they'll try and sell you anything, then press, promoters and trainers have to be ruled out for the same reason.

4. kurt2006

kurt2006 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 5, 2006
    :lol:

Maybe Richard Schauffer has seen Ali and Haye in the mens and they are similar sized in the gonad department.

How you know both have real arms and one does not have special 6 million dollar bionic arms ? It might explain why Haye holds his left so low (it is not the bionic arm).Also one may have bunions due to excessive pronation of his sub talar joint.

I wonder how the 6 million dollar man would have fared at boxing. I guess he could have got nutritional advice from Danny Williams and Toney to increase his weight.

5. stake501

stake501 Active Member Full Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Kindelan > Rigondeaux >> Gamboa

Gamboa would struggle aganst khan....not to say its not winnable but if I was Gamboa, 26 years old, and about to hit the big time, I would avoid khan like the plague. Gamboa started life as a flyweight ffs.

Just cause Khan is fed crap, doesnt mean he isnt good. It is the Frank Warren way. What gamboa has on khan is experience. I would love to hear what super maio thinks about this fantasy match up, bet he backs khan.

6. Strike

Strike Boxing Addict banned

Sep 14, 2004
    Let me get this right. You are comparing the hype of a British boxer who was an Olympic silver medal winner at 17 and on national TV within Britain to a Cuban boxer in Britain?:lol:

Yeah no **** Khan is more hyped in Britain. Who do you think was more hyped as an amateur in Cuba, Khan or Gamboa?
    Who do you think was more hyped in the USA Lacy or Froch?

Boxing is not a top 3 UK sport, but Khan being an Olympic medal winner and a young British Muslim who is seen as being a role model is bound to get more British press hype than a Cuban.

Likewise I am sure that Cotto has had more hype from day 1 in PR than any Brit or Yank fighter at his weight class has.

7. kurt2006

kurt2006 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 5, 2006
    Thats why I checked a few Cuban newspapers (Cuba based and exile papers) before I posted. Nothing like doing a bit of research before you post.

So is Ironbull Tahir Khan ?

8. chesh

chesh Active Member Full Member

Jul 2, 2006
    I agree 100%. Gamboa's a different class.:good

9. Muhammed_Ali_Durmaz

Muhammed_Ali_Durmaz Devon 2 banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    Khan is faster than Gamboa

10. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    This must have really hit you deep for you to bring up a post from 12 years ago lol

im sparticus likes this.
  11. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Get Gamboa up to 147 to fight The King