Khan World Title Bet

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by toffeejack, Sep 26, 2007.

1. toffeejack

toffeejack Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 30, 2007
    Just had a bet with my mate that Amir Khan will NOT win a version of a world title in a year from now.

I think my money is pretty safe :p

2. scurlaruntings

scurlaruntings ESB 2002 Club Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    You may be right. His apserations seem a bit too lofty. Khan as much as his a good little talent doesnt in my opinion have the punching power to be a real world beater at 35. He may have enough to win the WBO but not before 25 fights at least. Its pretty safe to say Frank wont feed him to the lions just yet.

3. robpalmer135

robpalmer135 Obsessed with Boxing banned

Jun 29, 2007
    the lightweight division is looking pretty good at the minute. Katsidis or Diaz will have all the titles within a year and i wouldnt fancy khan agaisnt ever of those for a couple of years!

4. NOrth

NOrth Active Member Full Member

Oct 10, 2006
    @ what odds was the bet? Also, what belts counted?

Doesnt Lee Mcallister fight Craig Docherty for the WBU title soon, winer to fight Khan?

In saying that, Khan Earl is due in December, Earl is ranked pretty high by the WBO.

5. kerrminator

kerrminator Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 14, 2007
    I hope you told your friend that the WBU doesnt count as a world title :thumbsup

6. BigEars

BigEars Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 30, 2006
    Khan won't be either Juan Diaz or Katsidis so the WBO strap is safe from Khan's grasp for now .

I don't think he'll be British champion in a years time , unless Thaxton has vacated for a bigger opportunity .

7. NOrth

NOrth Active Member Full Member

Oct 10, 2006
    Agreed, and Khan is ranked higher than Earl anyway.