Khans next opponent maybe...

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Strike, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Strike

Strike Boxing Addict banned

Sep 14, 2004
    John Fewkes...

[url]http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=271946&cat=boxer[/url]

That is what a Yorkshire paper is saying and Maloney seems to think it is on for October. It would seem about right, unbeaten, they can point to him beating ex European champ Tonchev and big it up as a good opponent (and in fairness it is a reasonable one) but most importantly look at his KO ratio.

2 stoppage wins in 15 fights.

2. Decebal

Decebal Lucian Bute Full Member

Mar 10, 2007
    "Fireball"? For Fewkes' sake!:patsch

3. albaneze

albaneze HAXHI - The new Champ Full Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Yeah thats what they always choose for this mofo KHAN all these feather fisted guys. 2 ko in 15 wins thats a very light punching power over there.

Sure victory against little bums.

Why dont they choose something harder for china chin KHAN.

4. faisal

faisal Hoolios daddy Full Member

Feb 24, 2007
    hes no bum, theres been alot of praise for this kid in sheffield, he's a decent welterweight and will give khan problems. If khan can KO him i'll be suprised.

5. The Kurgan

The Kurgan Boxing Junkie banned

Nov 16, 2004
    It's customary, after a prospect gets knocked down in a fight, to put him in with a lighter puncher in his next fight. It seems Warren has finally found someone who hits even LESS hard than Limond (a hard task indeed; I love Limond's style but he's all about skill, not power). Fewkes, as far as I can tell, has never knocked someone out clean in his life.

Does he have a puncher's chance? :hey

6. NOrth

NOrth Active Member Full Member

Oct 10, 2006
    Ive seen John fight around 5 or 6 times and his power is very very underated. I'd say Fewks is one of the best prospects in britain at the moment and I'd be very very surprised to see Khan in with him. I'd give John a good chance of beating Amir. Fewkes is a rough ******* too, his fight with Thomaz Mauserkiz (not the correct spelling of surname) was a rough affair with john fighting in close, yet Ive seen him box to a win too. The one thing I find with Fewkes is that he sometimes switches off for a round or two. He did so with Watson, and with Tontchaev.

I hope the bookies are as dismissive of Fewkes as you guys, if they are I'll be putting a couple of quid on the fireball to do the business.

Quite how this story is coming about is a bit perplexing though. Fewkes looks tight at 147lbs ... at what weight would the contest be?

7. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    A respectable opponent but this ko **** is getting ridiculous. When you've had 14 fights and you haven't even faced a journeyman puncher then **** is fishy.

8. rooq

rooq Rooq's Boxing Promoter Full Member

Jan 16, 2007
    just noticed this on FWs website...

"Recent reports in the media have said that Amir Khan will fight Graham Earl on December 8 in London.

These reports are premature and inaccurate and are to be disregarded.

Khans next officially scheduled fight is on October 6th at the Nottingham Arena against an opponent to be confirmed.

No further dates or venues featuring Khan have been announced by Sports Network and any announcements will be made by way of press release or press conference."

as for fewkes, he's probably got more natural skill than any of khans opposition to date, but is a little green. plus he's a light welterweight. if he does make this fight, maybe warren is manouvering khan towards a fight with Rees and avoiding both earl and thaxton.

but then again, this is just a rumour. a little early to start jumping all over khan. i'll reserve judgement till after the fight is announced.

9. BigEars

BigEars Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 30, 2006
    Fewkes made 135 in his last fight , he was probably quite tight at it but he made Lightweight and would almost certainly be able to do it again this year .

He would be a very life underdog against Khan .

10. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Boris Christoff Full Member

Jan 16, 2005
    :lol:

We've been saying this the entire time...

11. achillesthegreat

Jul 21, 2004
    So have I, I'm just reiterating it.

Like I told you Amster, I tell it like it is.

12. Amsterdam

Jan 16, 2005
    You tell it like it is most of the time, sometimes you tell it how you want it. I tell it like I "see it", sometimes this causes controversy and dislike towards my views, but I prefer honesty.

At least you're on target with this Amir Khan now. I'll give Khan a credit, getting up and smashing Limond after being KD'd showed heart and that he was a tough man, especially with the chin issue's, even though Limond's not a KO hitter at all, which Willie admitted.

I still despise him though....:hey

13. achillesthegreat

Jul 21, 2004
    I've NEVER told it like I want. If I've ever had moments of what appear like bias or if I make a mistake I happily concede and move on.

I'm always on target with Khan. Like I said you make guesses about Khan and preach what you think. I talk about what COULD be there and what IS there.

14. LeedsLad

LeedsLad Active Member Full Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Fewkes aint all bad actually, hes a pretty decent boxer and almost took out Tonchev in his last fight. I expect him to give Khan some problems, but i doubt he has a hope in hell. The kind of fight we expected for Mr. Warren i think:lol:

15. Amsterdam

Jan 16, 2005
    But isn't honesty better? The honest fact is that Khan isn't going to be a World Class fighter.