Khaosai Galaxy?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Renofan, Jul 14, 2007.

1. Renofan

Renofan Member Full Member

Sep 25, 2005
    Can anyone tell me about him? I've never seen him and haven't really heard of him that often. Was he an exciting fighter? An ATG? Worth checking into? If so, what fights are recommended?

2. boxbible

boxbible Active Member Full Member

Aug 6, 2004
    He looked like a bodybuilder... had a good southpaw jab and got great leverage on his well-timed punches which he placed very accurately after patiently setting up opponents.

Galaxy was not noted for any flashy defensive skills but didn't get hit that much because he worked well from the outside and most opponents wouldn't or couldn't engage him in trading after feeling his power.

3. Seamus

Seamus Proud Kulak Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
  4. GazOC

GazOC Guest Star for Team Taff Full Member

Jan 7, 2005
    For some reason we used to get to watch a lot of this guy (and Sot Chitlada, another underated great IMHO) in the UK. Amazing fighter, strong with a solid punch....he just used to wear fighters out and then walk them down.

5. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
  6. mr. magoo

mr. magoo VIP Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I remembered reading about him in publications like KO magazine, and the Ring during the late 80's and early 90's. I might even have seen him fight once or twice, back when I used to watch about a dozen fights per week. Frankly, I never really followed super flyweights that much, but 20 title defenses is pretty damn impressive if you ask me.