Kimbo retires Ray Mercer!!

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Dostoevsky, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky Hardcore......to the max! Full Member

Jun 17, 2007
  2. Nuke

Nuke Full Length Member Full Member

Feb 22, 2005
    I don't think he gave him that bad a beating, he choked out a boxer so what? Mercer should retire he has no place in MMA or boxing anymore, its a shame but everybody gets too old at some point.

3. Drexl

Drexl Your Hero Full Member

Jan 24, 2005
    That is like saying Mayor Willie Herenton "retired" Joe Frazier last year in their exhibition fight.

:roll:

Mercer was already retired from his sport before this fight.

4. 2000-redrider

2000-redrider New Member Full Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Well, Mercer did say "I'll stick to boxing...". Sounds like he hasn't given up fighting entirely.

5. Bad_Intentions

Bad_Intentions Boxing Addict Full Member

May 15, 2007
    mercer should just retire, and not return to boxing. he's 45 years old.

the end.

6. SweetScienceFan

SweetScienceFan Member Full Member

May 11, 2007
    Well as long as Mercer can pass a pre fight physical he can run his career any way that he chooses. I figured that he would lose, and then be done with MMA. If he had one, I am sure he would have tried to make money off of it with a big fight.

7. Hrak

Hrak Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 15, 2006
    I dont know why people made a big deal out of this fight, last time I checked Mercer has beens spending the majority of his time laying on the canvass unconcious instead of standing on his feet & fighting during fights. The whole point of this fight was to see Kimbo use his striking against a boxer, not to take the borring route and go for his feet as soon a the bell rang. That was a cowardly move, but who cares, neither would be able to compete in the top 20 of MMA anyway.

8. 2000-redrider

2000-redrider New Member Full Member

Aug 12, 2004
    While the fight was quick, Kimbo didn't go straight for his feet. Kimbo came forward with punches and all Mercer could do was put his guard up. I think Mercer was shocked that Kimbo was so aggressive, then before he knew it he was being choked out.

9. doefler182

doefler182 Member Full Member

Jan 1, 2006
    how'd that exhibition go by the way? i remember hearing about it before it happend but nothing after

10. Drexl

Drexl Your Hero Full Member

Jan 24, 2005
    I have no idea and that's the point - these fights are meaningless.