Kirks Championships : Boxing Prediction League : 2018

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by kirk, Jan 3, 2018.

1. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Honestly, not really.:lol: I could probably write an article or 2 on my POV regarding gender issues, but this popped into my head while looking at the backlash that Kanye received for basically saying he likes Trump, not that he was coming out as a conservative, or that he embraced radical far right politics, merely for saying, hey! I like the President, he's doing a few good things, and I'm not going to let the mob tell me what to think. That's about as neutral as one could get, nothing crazy.... only moderate. And what's he got for that, the backlash using his mental health has been revolting.

And that's basically what people who hold moderate views on some things are, non binary on an issue. And since the Left so love throwing that little buzzword around, it'd be nice if both sides would try to view the entire world through that prism, as opposed to one thing that they want to use as a wedge issue to divide the country with, which is also unfair to the LGBT community that are being exploited by them. They aren't a wedge issue, they're human beings and individuals, not some nameless faceless monolith tool of political manipulation.

Back to the actual gender stuff for a second, you and I don't really disagree on anything, I've always taken the side of the people who were harassed, and I despise the treatment many of them have received at the hands of the Right, I find it appalling, and I totally get why they're so sensitive, and personally I do respect their right to be called what they want, but many don't want to stop at that, they do want legislation to shut people down, which I find appalling. from the ones pushing it and the ones supporting those notions. But I try my best to separate the two, and not lumo that entire community in with its radical elements.

Now back to my point.:lol: Fine, maybe I am being too harsh on the Left, but that's because I'm a lifelong leftist and still consider myself left of center, who dared to go off the reservation, and I've caught hell unlike anything I've ever experienced, I have several people in my personal life, that won't speak to me anymore, which is ridiculous, and I'm assuming you haven't felt that kind of backlash, so you may not know what it feels like on a personal level. No big deal, I'm a big boy, its no skin off my teeth, but I'd rather not be called a bunch of names that don't represent my actual views on anything by some intolerant braying wild eyed mental patient that replaced the person I used to consider a friend, simply for exercising my Democratic right to vote.

Its annoying as hell the narrative that's constantly being shoved down everyone's throats about how this person or the other has gone "far right" or "radical right" or "Alt Right" whatever the hell that is, merely for stating some what used to be considered universal truths, many of which the Left believed in a year or two ago. Which is patently insane.

Think about it, Camille Paglia, Joe Rogan, Kanye West, Roseanne Barr, Dave Rubin, Jimmy Dore, Kristina Hoff Summers are all liberals, who either support Trump or think that the Left are getting a tad bit excessive, and they choose to interpret things politically in a non binary way, as in not choose a side, take a centrist view, and now.... they're called fascists.:lol: That's ****ing crazy, they're not even conservatives.

Same goes for Marine Le Pen and Donald Trump, both I consider to be centrists, Le Pen's economic policies are far to the Left of the Democratic Party's, and socially, she's far to the left of her insane anti-Semitic father, there's a rift in their family over it. Trump's initial policies that he was advocating, and still is in some cases, are in fact Left Wing most of the accusations that have been levied at him is based on the proclamations of arm chair deconstructionist psychologists ramblings about "what did he really mean by this, or that or the other?" as opposed to what he actually said. Thus far, he has said nothing that is actually racist, so they just make it up. Now, he has said some unpleasant truths, but that's applicable to every race or ethnic group across the board, he's an equal opportunity offender, so he's being consistent, and most of what he says, probably shouldn't be considered offensive to start with. He views himself as a brutal truth teller, and guess what, people like that rub people the wrong way. Kind of like I have a tendency to do on here, I'm violently honest in my assessments, and that triggers many and they attack me and others fully agree and go along with me, and like Trump I've been accused of being every -ist under the sun, and I walk through all of it ad ignore all the wailing and whinging.

Milo Yiannopoulos isn't far right, he's an un-PC provocateur libertarian.
    Paul Joseph Watson, is anti-war, pro-free speech, libertarian populist.
    Stephan Molyneux is anti-war, pro-free speech, libertarian populist.
    Lauren Southern is a centrist nationalist and populist.
    Sargon Of Akkad, is a ****ing liberal.

Same goes for Tucker Carlson, Gavin McInnes, Adam Carolla, Blaire White, Tommy Robinson and every other loudmouth contrarian on TV or YT or Twitter, that's being censored or shouted down, and guess what... but none of them are "far right" either.

Then term Far Right has been made a mockery of, and its lost its meaning, if they want far right, try the shitstains they're begging and pleading to get back, George W. Bush and Dick Cheney. Or the psycho that would replace Trump if he were ever impeached in Pence. Cruz is an insane right winger, they have no cue what a bullet they dodged, when he got mowed down by Trump.

This country and the Left need to get a grip in a big way, grow the hell up, and use some of that critical thinking that's being wasted on superfluous gender studies and all their other Cultural Marxist non-binary outrage obsessed bugaboos they come up with on a daily basis, and apply it to people THEY BARELY DISAGREE WITH. If you think gender can be non-binary, then understanding immigration from every side of the debate can't be all that hard right? After all, its not like Trump isn't trying to do anything that Obama was trying to do a few years ago.:lol:

And yeah, I prefer a logical civil discussion any day of the week, but its way too easy to get drug into wars on this site.:lol:

2. Dfaulds

Dfaulds Well-Known Member Full Member

May 22, 2017
    Solomon UD wide, Lawson KO7, Heerden MD, Lubkovich KO5, Diaz UD wide

3. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Solomon UD, Lawson, Heerden UD, Lubkovich, Diaz UD.

4. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Paddy Gallagher has hospitalized two of his opponents. Just putting that out there. And of his 3 losses, 2 of them were early and they were 3 rounders the other one was against Mucha, and I watched it yesterday and scored it for Gallagher, but Mucha was the home fighter.
    This content is protected

5. nellybc

nellybc Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Everything in the WBK needs to be for all of the participants. I just give my time etc on the picks and scoring. It is not personal. I can be big enough to say that rule needs to change. I am listening. @Dfaulds @PinoyProdigy are both against this. @DanielDimov was in the ball park. @KiwiMan is stuck in the middle and I actually didn't really mind but acted to keep the aim of less 10-10 scorecards. In hindsight this was wrong. If the league is not producing a KO for the DQ then i can see no reason why it should for WBK when it is such a rare result. Any results with a DQ will be scored 10-10 unless 1 person has picked the wrong fighter. I will post the amended rules and scoring to stipulate this.

I am able to accept that the scoring for Series 10 needs to be changed on round4 that involved the DQ.

I know we have had a couple of queries/complaints over the MD/SD in the event of a DRAW etc so i am proposing that for Series 11 the SD and MD will be reversed in the event of a DRAW. Again, I will post the amended rules and scoring to show this.

Now as for the match in Series 10 @pablinov vs @PinoyProdigy

I can't change the result of the round which was Broner vs Vargas. The rule ( if wrong ) was in place and has been used already this year. I understand you feel annoyed and it sucks but unfortunately it was already set.

However I do understand your frustrations and that is why the Final Eliminator was made. Now that was made whilst I thought you had lost your match. After reviewing the DQ result as no rule was in place you now tie with Pablinov. I do appreciate that you are not going to be happy with that but @pablinov will still get his shot next at the WBK title. I will forfeit my right to an eliminator and just make our bout a normal contest but make your status as #1 challenger for the WBK championship in Series 12. I hope that outcome is satisfactory.

Onto the others affected. @DONT B SCARED suffered a larger defeat via not winning the round 10-8 in that respect before he takes a mini vacation from the WBK.

@pincai and @Dfaulds - You result is now a tie. This will be amended in the rankings. I feel for both of you in this and i can only say sorry for the complete balls up that has happened with the results of Series 10.

WBK SERIES 10
    4: 4/21 - Tom Schwarz vs. Senad Gashi - 12x3 WBO Inter-Continental Heavyweight Title / Schwarz DQ6

Dontbscared: Schwarz KO 5 vs Nellybc +2: Schwarz UD Close / 10-10 ** Amended
    Pablinov: Schwarz KO 2 vs PinoyProdigy +1: Schwarz UD Close / 10-10 ** Amended
    +1 Dfaulds: Schwarz KO 10 vs Pincai: Schwarz KO 9 / 10-10 ** Amended

Final Scores:

Nellybc decisions Dontbscared 116-113 **amended**

Pablinov ties PinoyProdigy 115- 115 **amended**

Pincai ties Dfaulds 115-115 **amended**

We are going to struggle getting these new results through the ELO rankings before tonight and Series 11 starts.

We are going to roll with the fixtures that are set up but the Records and Rankings will be updated in due course.

@Chuck Norris

6. nellybc

Nov 2, 2010

Any thoughts or ideas are always welcome as we strive to get the best scoring system possible for head to head match ups.

** FEB 2018 ** Updated to include SD or MD wins on the result being a draw against a UD/KO

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    KiwiMan, pincai and Chuck Norris like this.
  7. nellybc

Nov 2, 2010
  8. nellybc

Nov 2, 2010
    WBK Records 2018 ( updated & correct )

@BoxingABC1 @Chuck Norris @DanielDimov @Dfaulds @DONT B SCARED @KiwiMan @PinoyProdigy @pablinov @pincai

**WBK_2017_RECORDS**

After Series 10

BoxingABC1
    -

Chuck Norris
    -

DanielDimov
    -

Dfaulds
    -
    -

Dontbscared
    -

KiwiMan
    -
    -

Nellybc
    -
    -

Pablinov
    -
    -

Pincai
    -

PinoyProdigy
    -
    -

PinoyProdigy, KiwiMan and pincai like this.
  9. DanielDimov

DanielDimov Jabbing all night Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    KiwiMan and nellybc like this.
  10. nellybc

Nov 2, 2010
    After WBK SERIES 10

@PinoyProdigy @pablinov @DONT B SCARED @KiwiMan @DanielDimov @pincai @Dfaulds @BoxingABC1 @Chuck Norris

BoxingABC1 vs Pablinov** WBK CHAMPIONSHIP **
    Nellybc vs PinoyProdigy ( Pinoy Prodigy is the challenger for the WBK Championship in Series 12 )
    DanielDimov vs Pincai
    Dfaulds vs Chuck Norris

1: {'KiwiMan' } {[2127]} - 18 ** Inactive Series 11 **

7: {'DanielDimov' } {[2039]} + 13

10: {'Chuck Norris' } {[1955]} - 11

Inactive:
    1st {'Robney' } {[2004]}
    2nd {'Matt Petley' } {[1998]}
    3rd {'MCJ' } {[1989]}
    4th {'moparfan' } {[1987]}
    5th {'Oneirokritis' } {[1976]}
    6th {'drenlou' } {[1974]}
    7th {'CST80' } {[1971]}
    8th {'JordanK2406' } {[1964]}

pincai likes this.
  11. nellybc

Nov 2, 2010
    Brilliant!! Thanks!!

pincai likes this.
  12. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
    Well i'm not since i still lost. :lol:

KiwiMan, pincai and nellybc like this.
  13. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    I have a suggestion for you, I'm not sure if I mentioned Code Of Silence to you a few months back when I was talking about Chuck Norris movies, that was because I hadn't seen it in 20 years.:lol: And I'd kind of forgotten everything that happened in it, well I watched it again last night, go watch it, you'll love it! Its basically Lone Wolf McQuade in Chicago only a more Irish cop version. Chuck has some great deadpan stone faced one liners.:lol:

pincai and Chuck Norris like this.
  14. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
    You recommended it and i watched it. :chuck:

CST80 likes this.
  15. BoxingABC1

BoxingABC1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2016
    hopefully, me and @PinoyProdigy both win, personal punch bag no longer, it will be role reversal