Kirks Championships : Boxing Prediction League : 2018

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by kirk, Jan 3, 2018.

1. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Yeah his "bad." movies are far worse on an objective level, can't argue there.

2. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Bushwick is great.

Yeah, i forget about Predator, looking forward to that one too. Also Aquaman gets an own movie after Man of Steel, Batman vs Superman, Wonderwoman and Justice League.

CST80 likes this.
  3. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Momoa was a solid an Aquaman as I could have hoped for, I wish Marvel would steal him and he could do double duty as Aquaman and Namor.:lol:

f1ght3rz likes this.
  4. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    I am so ****ing pumped for Venom with Tom Hardy. I absolutely LOVED Venom as a child at the Spiderman universe, i also loved Carnage there. I have the whole Spiderman comic series as DVD book edition at home. If they are not bringing a Spiderman Venom crossover in the near future i am really pissed. I like the new younger Spiderman btw in the Avengers universe.

CST80 likes this.
  5. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Yeah, same here, I loved Venom, Carnage, Kraven and especially Hobgoblin, I wish they'd make a standalone movie for all of Spider Man's super villains.

f1ght3rz likes this.
  6. Russell

Russell VIP Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Go watch The Big Heat or Bullet to the Head and then we can get back to how great Universal Soldier is, of all action movies of the era to lament. :lol:

OvidsExile likes this.
  7. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    You're the one trying to hold it up to those movies not me... You alright today man?

8. Russell

Russell VIP Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2007
    I'm good, I've just never had a particularly high opinion of Universal Soldier! :lol:

Immediately after first watching it I actually felt somewhat pissed that I had A) Just spent 90 minutes watching said movie and B) Having actual expectations for that film and was so bitterly disappointed.

9. Drinquor

Drinquor Texas Representative Full Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Chuck Norris likes this.
  10. OvidsExile

OvidsExile At a minimum, a huckleberry over your persimmon. Full Member

Aug 28, 2012
    From what I've seen, a lot of atheists become disenchanted with religion at a fairly young age because the stories make no sense. Their conception of what Christianity is is at roughly a third grade level. As you get older the teachings become more complex and intellectually sophisticated just as they do in secular schools. Unfortunately, it's very difficult to explain rocket science to an eight year old, and so we simplify things. In actual practice the greatest minds in history have often devoted their lives to plumbing the depths of religious mysteries.

11. OvidsExile

Aug 28, 2012
    Hard Target was watchable but Surviving the Game came out a year later and was so much better.
    This content is protected

That hunted man ie Most Dangerous Game movie genre is pretty fun. The Naked Prey was pretty good from 1966 and sticks out in my mind... Oh ****. I was just searching for more manhunt movies and I stumbled onto 1982s Fortress. That movie ****ed me up as a child.

12. OvidsExile

Aug 28, 2012
    Ah yes, the Kickboxer series. What do you do when a man kills your brothers and burns down your gym? You kick him very hard a couple of times. And when that same man frames you for murder and rapes your wife? You kick him hard again.

Russell likes this.
  13. OvidsExile

Aug 28, 2012
    Just keep posting it until you get the response you want.

CST80 likes this.
  14. OvidsExile

Aug 28, 2012
    Since we're mostly talking about action movies, I saw Wind River recently. The trailer made it look more action packed than it was but the climactic shootout was something special.
    This content is protected

Afterwards, I was left thinking, "Wasn't that the same plot as Sicario?" Turns out same guy made both movies.

15. OvidsExile

Aug 28, 2012
    Have you heard about Movie Pass? I hear it's pretty good for people who want to see lots of movies in the theater. It's supposed to be something like ten bucks a month and you can see all the movies you want. I have no idea how that makes them money. The AMC theater chain is also doing something like that with their own service. Personally, I'd rather just pay eight bucks a month to Netflix DVD and watch films at my leisure in the comfort of my own home.

CST80 likes this.