**** Kirks ESB Championship 2012 ****

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by kirk, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Tackleberry

Tackleberry The Reverse Somersault! Full Member

Dec 8, 2009
  2. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    :happy

Salt of the earth, David - in both leagues!

3. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    ib that's a cracking idea.

Maybe on next years thread someone can save a post on the first page to update the fixtures list, or maybe post it as a visitor message on their (I wanna say wall, no idea how to describe it).

I would do it but I dunno if I'll last the pace as I fell off the wagon a bit last year.

Anyways it's good to be back in the league, watch out David b, I'm gunning for you!

4. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
  5. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    I think it's enough to just have several people (like those in here chatting it up all the time) keeping watch, and pasting it up for the more casual participants if they see a few pages have gone by without it.

It works in Rummy's. :good

6. PinoyProdigy

PinoyProdigy Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 30, 2011
    I used to bump it a little too much a couple months back, I'll get back to that, no worries :deal

7. PinoyProdigy

Jul 30, 2011
    This content is protected

1/4 - Rances Barthelemy vs. Arash Usmanee - 12x3 IBF Super Featherweight Eliminator for #2 (ESPN2)
    1/5 - Jesus Silvestre vs. Ganigan Lopez - 10x3 (Televisa)
    1/11 - John Molina vs. Dannie Williams - 10x3 (ESPN2)
    1/11 - Ronny Rios vs. Rico Ramos - 10x3 NABF Featherweight Title (Showtime)
    1/12 - Adrian Hernandez vs. Dirceu Cabarca - 12x3 WBC Light Flyweight Title
    1/19 - Sergey Kovalev vs. Gabriel Campillo - 10x3 (NBC Sports Network)
    1/19 - Orlando Salido vs. Miguel Angel Garcia - 12x3 WBO Featherweight Title (HBO)
    1/19 - Gennady Golovkin vs. Gabriel Rosado - 12x3 WBA World & IBO Middleweight Titles (HBO)
    1/19 - Roman Martinez vs. Juan Carlos Burgos - 12x3 WBO Super Featherweight Title (HBO)
    1/25 - Serhiy Dzinziruk vs. Brian Vera - 10x3 (ESPN2)
    1/25 - Demetrius Andrade vs. Freddy Hernandez - 10x3 (Showtime)
    1/26 - Selcuk Aydin vs. Jesus Soto Karass - 10x3 (Showtime)
    1/26 - Lucas Martin Matthysse vs. Mike Dallas Jr. - 12x3 Interim WBC Light Welterweight Title (Showtime)
    1/26 - Juan Carlos Sanchez Jr. vs. Rodrigo Guerrero II - 12x3 IBF Super Flyweight Title
    1/30 - Daniel Geale vs. Anthony Mundine II - 12x3 IBF Middleweight Title (Australia Main Event)

8. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Ok gang, gonna be making the 2013 thread.....

But I wanted to say, I really, really, really appreciate everyone bringing so much life to the league, you guys ARE the league. And I can truly say I wouldnt be on ESB if it wasnt for you all. You are what makes doing this league still worthwhile..... believe me I wouldnt be doing this otherwise lol.

2012, number wise (posts and views) was our 2nd biggest year to date. However, take into account I was gone for about 4 or 5 months of the year, the truth is had everything ran smoothly, this year would have crushed our others, and it wouldnt have been close.

Had some new things for this year, Beast helped come up with the World Boxing Kings title.... which I think supplements the League nicely. The expansion to youtube, and of course, all the great fights we had during the year. I really think 2012 was a great year for boxing, and feels good to know boxing made all the naysayers who pronounce it dead look like the fools they are, not just with the good fights that were made but also with the popularity the fights and fighters. Boxing is alive and well.

For all of our main, regular members, that come to this thread every week and keep it alive, you all know who you are and I really cant stress the importance each one of you brings to the league. Pinoy with the schedule, Robney with the fight updates, Malden keeping things going when he can, Beast with his awesome images he provides for us, and also, just as importantly, the life everyone brings to the thread, from the personalities to the discussions. From Boxed Ears, to I.B, (shout out to ones like Fighter2r, jdr, and Pimp C, whos been doing this year n and year out, they hardly say anything but they continue to show they know boxing as good as anyone by always being in the mix as some of our top competitors) and of course David B, who is right when he says this has become much more then just a prediction league.

Truth is I could go down the list of our members and each and every one of you bring an ingrediant to the league that makes it what it is, and I mean that for reals.

So thanks to you all, I appreciate it greatly, I hope 2013 shows the League to continue its success, with all of you battling it out to see who will be crowned next years champion.

Speaking of Champions, big, big congrats to David B. Becoming the League Champion is not an easy task, and when you see how tight it was down the stretch with our top guys, in a year with over 100 fights it literally comes down to a few ones making a difference, thats pretty crazy. If you are in the top 10, you know boxing, period. It takes that extra 'something' to get ahead of the pack and claim the title though, and thats what David did, joining the exclusive list of champions and putting his name up on the banner. Well done David, very very impressive.

Anyways, Ill stop this rambling and get started on the 2013 thread now, thanks once again to each and every one of you.... believe me just because I didnt address you doesnt mean youre not in this as much as anyone. I could seriously write about each of you and what you guys bring to this league.

Thank you and Happy New Year :good

9. IntentionalButt

Nov 30, 2006
    NO. SUCH. THING.

:hey

10. PinoyProdigy

Jul 30, 2011
    Barthelemy UD
    Silvestre UD

11. PinoyProdigy

Jul 30, 2011
    Well said MASTER KIRK :deal:thumbsup:happy:happy:happy:bbb:bbb