Konwacki turns down world title shot with Anthony Joshua

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by tommyg6, Apr 17, 2019.

1. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Bottle jobs - Whyte , Pulev , Konwacki , Ortiz.

Konwacki probably knows he has the Wilder fight after Breazzle and it will likely be Fury after that. It lookhs like Wilder will never step into the ring against Joshua.

This is what ducking looks liike. This is what fear mongering looooks liiiikeeeee

2. smiffyinoz

smiffyinoz Active Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2018
    This is one gigantic quack-fest by all concerned. So many big mouths and little action as soon as the offer presents itself

3. Staminakills

Staminakills Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 8, 2012
    This is the exact opposite of what any truly talented fighter would do. The dumbest thing I've seen is just what you claim EVERYONE should do.

Of course everyone should go into their biggest ever fight without that thing called training camp. .

Unless you're well aware no matter what your can't ever compete on that level which is the case but a fighter can't let themselves have no confidence

4. Kratos

Kratos Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 27, 2014
    If a fighter gets an opportunity to fight for a title they should take it, do you know why? because they might never get a chance again due to injury or losses. It's simple and not hard to understand.

kriszhao likes this.
  5. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Don't see a problem with Kownacki turning down this fight. Shows he's not all about the money (unlike a lot of fans on here who never see any of it) and that he wants to give himself the best possible chance for when he eventually gets his shot instead of going in at short notice to please all the AJ fans out there.

This mess is no-one's fault but Miller's yet people want to criticise fighters for turning down a fight on short notice.

6. Uconn1986

Uconn1986 Member Full Member

Sep 26, 2009
    I would think the offer to fight AJ would be far better then whatever Adam is being promised to fight Wilder, unless Hearn's offer to Adam was far less than the $6MM Baby was going to receive??

7. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    7 weeks?

8. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    How and why does Kownacki have Wilder after breazeale?
    Explain to the internet.

9. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Agreed. No one ducked title shots back in Wlad's day. This generation of HWs is a bunch of pansies.

10. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    I read an article today that said Hearn said that Kownacki's team had been promised a shot at Wilder.

Let's be honest here nobody thinks Wilder is going to fight Joshua any time soon he's going to keep milking the titles so I expect Wilder to fight Kownacki after Breazeale while all the time talking about Joshua and his team never actually making an official offer to Joshua for the fight.

Kownacki much like Ortiz before him when he was mandatory for Joshua is looking for an easier path to the title, even if it means making a 10th of what he would make facing Joshua. Then if Kownacki wins vs Wilder then the money he'll be offered to unify with Joshua will dwarf what he is currently being offered.

11. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    So an untested prospect and an old man that was beaten by Charr. That's not a hugely impressive set of wins.

I'm not saying Hunter sucks. He clearly doesn't. But the way people talk about him you'd think he was a top HW already. He isn't that, yet.

12. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    God help this lot if Usyk looks great at Heavyweight.

13. chico g

chico g What are you staring at Mr Trump?! hahaha! Full Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Even the ferocious Polish Pastry Chef thinks the contract with the bomb squad, is more lucrative. Than that greedy bodybuilders promoter. Won't be along until DAZN is put out of business!

14. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    How is 6 weeks not enough time for a heavyweight? Hes got no weight to make.

Sorry but someone turning down an insane payday and a shot at Anthony Joshua because 6 weeks isnt enough time... thats weak imo.

Aydamn, bandeedo and Wizbit1013 like this.
  15. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Aware of that, doesn't change much. Preparing for Lennox in 2 weeks isn't like preparing for any other HW. Sometimes you need to just hop at the opportunity of a lifetime. Even with a loss and face turned into hamburger Vitali vaulted past Wlad, became the ring champion and is still considered by many as the superior brother.