Kosta Tszyu vs Regis Prograis

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Scott Cork, Jan 3, 2023.

1. MURK20

MURK20 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Against who? All of the known names that he beat were washed up besides Zudah and even Judah was beating him up before he got caught.

2. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Yeah KT landed a great right that ended the fight, but Zab beat KT easily in the 1st. I thought it was going to be a blow out how easily Zab found the target, then BAM, KT uncorked that right. That is a mark of a smart fighter. KT made his adjustment and ended the fight soon after. Prograis has a chance, but he would need to get KT out before the adjustments are made.

3. jaytxxl

jaytxxl Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Yes it’s not really to discredit his career he definitely was a great Junior WW. I just think Regis is a great JWW also and there is no significant skill gap between the 2. Regis shots would get to Tszyu quicker than he’s used to which may cause huge problems.

drenlou likes this.
  4. Dynamicpuncher

Dynamicpuncher Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 14, 2022
    He won 1 round vs Tszyu by the 2nd round Tszyu was already starting to take over and had Judah's timing down, your making out as if Judah was dominating up until the stoppage that's not true. Tszyu was on his way to winning 2nd round clearly before he clocked Judah.

MidniteProwler and Serge like this.
  5. Maidanas Gun Tattoo

Maidanas Gun Tattoo Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2017
    Judah was beating him? For what? Half a round?

Serge likes this.
  6. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    If you travel over to the US to the lion's den of your opponent's backyard where everything is stacked in their favour and they take one round off you before being dropped heavily and knocked senseless it was actually them who should've won and you were just essentially lucky lol

Like I said, I really like Rougarou and I don't want to poop on him but trying to tear down Tszyu's opposition and accomplishments and hype up his in your next breath is ridiculous

Tszyu fought 15 world champions, as said, fought in 18 world title fights, fought 16 of his fights on the road or in his opponent's backyard, and won and unified all his world titles on the road or in his opponent's backyards.

Rougarou has fought 4 world champions, has fought in 3 world title fights and has fought on the road a couple of times.

7. MURK20

Sep 26, 2008
    He did not have Judah's timing down. Lol. The only reason Tszyu would have won the second round is because Zab took his foot off the gas offensively. Tszyu didn't land anything significant before the knock down. Zab just got caught.

8. MURK20

Sep 26, 2008
    He put it on Tszyu in the first round. Even the commentors were talking like Tszyu didn't have a chance because of how easy Zab was making it look.

9. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    He unified the division and literally beat every world title holder. He's the definition of a world beater.

10. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Zab got caught, with a punch, which is kinda what boxers aim to do.

11. Maidanas Gun Tattoo

Maidanas Gun Tattoo Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2017
    One round guy. Not a few, or several. One. The one round that most fighters use as a feeler. KT figured him out pretty quick.

Dynamicpuncher likes this.
  12. Dynamicpuncher

Dynamicpuncher Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 14, 2022
    Well then you need to rewatch the fight, because it's clear as day Tszyu was starting to time his right hand in the 2nd round. Judah's speed surprised Tszyu in the 1st round, but by the 2nd round Tszyu had figured him out, and Tszyu was already finding a home for his right hand he landed several prior to the KO.

13. MURK20

Sep 26, 2008
    Tszyu was looking to land that right. I'm sure that was a part of his game plan but he still didn't have Judah's timing down at all. He was missing all round until he got him. He didn't anything figured out. That's too much credit to Tszyu.

14. CooperKupp

CooperKupp Jokic For MVP Full Member

Aug 28, 2022
    LOL!! :D

“What you mean?!!! I wasn’t knocked out I wasn’t even knocked down!!!!”

:lol::lol::lol: Now THAT is getting KTFO. Lol

15. Sandman_

Sandman_ Undisputed Full Member

Feb 20, 2009
    I once saw Tszyu knock a man down twice with one punch.

MidniteProwler likes this.