Kovalev and Beterbiev almost set for may

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by technocrato, Feb 18, 2019.

1. technocrato

technocrato Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 12, 2009
    I don't know if I can post links, but Kovalev have said on his instagram that he would like to fight Beterbiev. Beterbiev, the next day I believe after the Alvarez fight, said that he would like to fight Kovalev. That is the most meaningfull fight of 175 category right now and that would be hell of a fight! Let's bring it on!

https://www.rds.ca/combat/boxe/boxe...-unification-face-a-artur-beterbiev-1.6623030

2. Charlie Stewart

Charlie Stewart Most Merciful Full Member

Feb 5, 2019
  3. minemax

minemax Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2017
    It's not "almost set". It's just something that Kovalev suggested in his Instagram account, while he was on the plane (I guess he was bored, or something). And he said there, that he would like to fight as soon an possible, and, realistically, it could be in May. Kovalev also added, that a fight against Beterbiev is one the most expected (by fans) and interesting one, but he's not sure that his (Sergey's) promoter and managers would approve such fight.

In my own personal opinion, the probability that they will fight in May is much closer to zero than to "almost set". :wink:

UniversalPart, Dangerwood84 and CST80 like this.
  4. UniversalPart

UniversalPart Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Top Rank and ESPN could force but I suspect they will each take a few softer touches before fighting one another.

5. bruce_keyes

bruce_keyes Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Beterbiev isnt active enough .... he always has tons of ring rust... especially in his last fight against Johnson... as soon as he shows signs of ring rust against Kovalev, it will be game over. plus he's only 1 year younger than Kova

6. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    It is a great fight but stop with the trolling Bull****. Fight isn't close to being made.