Kovalev or Stevenson?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Liquorice, Feb 15, 2019.

Who's greater?

1. Kovalev

46 vote(s)
    93.9%
  2. Pimp

3 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. mirkofilipovic

mirkofilipovic ESB Management Full Member

Jan 7, 2014
    You bloody sycophant, easy to manipulate

2. PernellSweetPea

PernellSweetPea Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Actually no. I think someone who thinks they can make their own rules is easier to manipulate or control. I stick to what I believe and follow what is right. I cannot say well this person won the fight regardless of the decision and I don't care what anyone else things, well that is great. Now go change the official decision. See how easy that is. I remember my friend had a fighter once whom he trained. My friend was a fighter for a few fights, and later became a trainer. And his fighter was getting has ass beaten all over the ring. An absolute beating, and the ref stopped the fight at the right time if not a little too late. My friend was the kind of guy who had to protest everything. This isn't right.. My guy was standing and it is a setup. I told him, sorry but your fighter was being beaten up. And he was telling me you don't know what your talking about and he was going to protest and all this nonsense. He told them I am going to file a complaint. The officials there were used to that and just shrugged. Nothing came out of it. You cannot get emotional in that way and think you are always right. You have to trust the system a little. Even with Leonard vs. Hearns 2, Hearns knocked down Ray, but Ray had some of the rounds and it was close enough if you score it. And Hearns coming out trying to knock out Ray in round 12 was a bad decision. Win the round with your jab and coast, especially in light of the fact it was the summertime and the heat was a factor, even late in the evening as it became in round 12.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  3. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    You all have to got get rid of the selective memory. Kathy Duva lobbied the WBC for a purse bid, and they granted it. Only for Kovalev to pull out of the purse bid. Duva claimed it had to be on HBO, but Kovalev's contract had also ran out. So that wasn't Stevenson ducking. That was Kovalev ducking at that point.

4. gdm

gdm Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 20, 2011
    That was past prime old stevenson

5. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone banned Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Kovalev over Stevenson all the way. He would of sent him into a coma way before oleksandr.

6. lepinthehood

Aug 27, 2011
    Prime Stevenson was in jail for sex crimes.

Liquorice likes this.
  7. gdm

gdm Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Hahaha lol . I’m not a fan on stevenson and I rank kovalev higher, but stevenson from 5 years ago would have finished jack and prob gvozdyk too.
    Kovalev vs pimp would have been a 50/50 fight.

thegoose86 likes this.
  8. thegoose86

thegoose86 Member Full Member

Feb 1, 2019
    not Kovalev duva ducking.
    Kovalev isn't afraid of anyone Duva didn't want it.

9. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    I'm not writing adonis off but his string of defences even when still post prime was pathetic.

give his respect for getting in the ring with Chad who should have been his best win had Chad not let himself go.

This as his sole good win, pales next to Kov, who smashed a lot of champs and good contenders up.

10. minemax

minemax Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2017
    But it's a shame that a fight between them never happened...

11. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Kov.

Stevenson's reign since his stunning upset of Chad Dawson was really lacklustre.

He literally avoided every top fighter of his time, whereas Kov took on all comers.

Liquorice likes this.
  12. lepinthehood

Aug 27, 2011
    hard to tell. stevenson was extremely athletic and that left hand was an absolute nightmare for everyone, but he was predictable. Gvozdyk would have worked him out.

13. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
    Not what I asked

lepinthehood likes this.
  14. MorvidusStyle

MorvidusStyle Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2017
    I'd still like to see Kovalev versus Stevenson if it can be licensed. Kovalev can finish the job properly. If Krusher comas opponents, he doesn't let them off the hook. Make it a four rounder if Stevenson can't walk. It's a PPV for sure. We can call it 'Unfinished Business', that always sells. To add more drama, Stevenson can be allowed to use a wheelchair, an assistant driver and defend himself with an IV stand.

15. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 13, 2018
    I'd buy it