Kovalev vs Yarde Predictions

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by emallini, Aug 16, 2019.

????

Poll closed Aug 22, 2019.
  1. Kovalev Points

12.5%
  2. Kovalev Stoppage

68.8%
  3. Yarde Points

1.0%
  4. Yarde Stoppage

17.7%
  1. KingKO

KingKO El Terrible Full Member

Feb 2, 2019
    It would be a monumental upset, despite the fact that Kovalev is on the slide. Even if Kovalev doesn't get the knockout, I can see him comfortably out boxing Yarde over the 12. I see Yardes only chance of winning is by stopping Kovalev.

Great day for sport though.

Saints v Leeds final
    Liverpool v Arsenal
    Kovalev v Yarde.

All perfectly timed. I'm going to be ruined like!

Accurate, emallini and ryuken87 like this.
  2. emallini

emallini Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 16, 2008
    99% of the forum wouldn't even spar

3. vargasfan1985

vargasfan1985 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 8, 2008
    Kovalev KO

Waiting to see the odds for the fight to not go the distance

Of all fights, this one can’t possibly go 12

4. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    incredible sport day.

And my Mrs has decided we're spending the weekend on a Scottish island with no ****ing internet. Great.

Accurate, Mavin, kevinreid001 and 4 others like this.
  5. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Dead right he needs the k.o.
    The ruskies ain't going to pay all that money to get kovsalev a home showing, without putting a bit aside for the brown envolpes. The Russians are notoriously corrupt, no way they going to change the behaviour of a life time for one night with yarde.

6. venbox

venbox Active Member Full Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Kovalev will certainly go for an early KO, since the Canelo date is for november and he wouldn't want to risk it by getting cut or somehow injured next saturday.

7. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    So first you “knew the fight wouldn’t happen” and now you’re making out it’s a no-brainer for Yarde to take the fight...

Make your mind up. You are a classic hater of Yarde. Any reasonable boxing fan will give Yarde his rightful credit for taking the fight. You keep insisting this is a cash out whilst failing to acknowledge that Yarde literally refused to accept step aside money to allow Canelo to box Kovalev.

Your ramblings here are embarrassing and worthless. Usually your content here is decent though.

8. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    Enjoy bro. Just coming to the end of my holiday tomorrow, been a good break. Rangers won all three games while I’ve been away, Celtic been pumped and in disarray and I’ve missed no boxing, will be back in time to see Yarde become world champ. Top stuff.

Twentyman likes this.
  9. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    99% of this forum would ask Yarde for a photo if they saw him.

MooMan and emallini like this.
  10. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    I enjoy watching top fighters facing other top fighters.

I don't enjoy fighters padding their records with stiffs while their handlers claim they're the second coming.

I'm actually glad this fight is happening because it will be one of the biggest episodes of "Shattered Glass" this forum has ever seen, and then we can all see that leach Tunde crawl back to Peckham.

#theprophecy

Suspect.chin likes this.
  11. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    Ok that’s your opinion on Yarde. Everyone knows that. But are you going to be man enough to accept that it’s not a cash-out from Yarde given that he has turned down the step aside money? He’s taken this fight because he and Tunde believe that it’s a winnable fight. Mock that belief all you want but stop talking **** about this being a “cash out” fight. They’ve turned down step aside money for the chance to fight Kovalev for the belt. It’s that simple. You’re so blinded by your dislike for Yarde and/or Tunde that you’ve contradicted yourself by insisting it’s a cash out but then professing that “you knew the fight wouldn’t happen” when Kovalev caused the fight to be delayed.

I have my biases on this forum too but I’ve never seen anyone so emphatic in their hatred of certain fighters. Because we got the same energy from you here when Khan signed to fight Canelo and Crawford too.

12. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    put it this way i doubt yarde could win many rounds off alvarez.

13. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    im in the 1% then.

14. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    He said himself last week that they turned down Kovalev last year because he didnt feel ready and time wasnt right...What is wrong with that?

Theres no pleasing the likes of you ...You dont like Yarde because he didnt fight some domestic fights AND you dont like Yarde because he is now fighting a former top 5 P4P !!!!

CutThroatFade likes this.
  15. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Thanks bud. Currently sat at the side of the pool drinking cans of dorado from the supermarket over road cos my missus thought it would be a good idea to go half board instead of all in.

yesihavearm2 and CutThroatFade like this.