Kovalev vs Yarde Predictions

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by emallini, Aug 16, 2019.

????

Poll closed Aug 22, 2019.
  1. Kovalev Points

12.5%
  2. Kovalev Stoppage

68.8%
  3. Yarde Points

1.0%
  4. Yarde Stoppage

17.7%
  1. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Half board no no no no no no...no

Worst of all worlds...still gotta pay all day and night for booze ,stuck in hotel for whatever grub they serve up and probably zero cooking equipment or fridge in room!!.
    Hire a house/villa or all inclusive all day long ...no inbetweens

Twentyman likes this.
  2. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Absolutely correct. Gutted mate. I’m all inclusive and nothin else. This is her fault. She’s said we can upgrade for last 5 days of the hols. Just gotta rough it till then.

3. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    Firstly let's get something clear, I don't hate any fighter.

We are all armchair fans here who come to give our take.

I've got no problem with fighters wanting to step up either, but I call it how I see it and I think this is a 100% cashout.

How can you put someone who hasn't even fought at British level yet in with a P4P fighter and puncher? It's completely bizarre.

What happened to all the posts about Dave Allen and how Hearn was a dip**** for letting him go in there with guys like Ortiz, Yoka etc? What about his safety?

I don't see this as any different. If someone like Craig Richards (who has fought better opp than Yarde) was put in with Kovalev people would be going crazy calling for the organisers head.

For all we know Yarde could be getting sparked out by guys at British level, yet he's being put in there unprepared against arguably the top dog in the division. The Krusher may not be at his best anymore but he's still one of the most savage punchers in the division.

BTW Khan deserves everything he gets. He had how many opportunities to fight Brook? Instead, he turned around and stick his fingers up to his own fans by denying them the fight they most wanted to see. How anyone who treats his own supporters with such disdain has any following at all I'll never know. He had absolutely no chance in either of the Canelo or Bud fights yet sold them as "I'm not ducking Brook because I'm fighting this dude". How many times is he going to be KO'd? The guys going to turn into a vegetable.

If Yarde is decent like you say, then we could have had some great fights with guys like Johnson, Burton, Buatsi etc..I feel this has just robbed us of those type of bouts to take a one-sided beatdown to line Tunde's pockets.

I'll give Yarde props if he wins, especially in Russia.

Suspect.chin likes this.
  4. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    Watching a one-sided beatdown in which he is completely outclassed and only has a punchers chance VS more evenly matched domestic scraps

If Yarde loses this then he still won't have a British level win, where's the sense?

Crolla was given so much stick for taking on Loma, even though he had fought at world level many times before.

5. emallini

emallini Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Sjekloca is Euro level

Sphillips and CutThroatFade like this.
  6. kevinreid001

kevinreid001 Punchdrunk101 Full Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Kovalev in first 6 rounds at 7/2 seems decent. For yarde its 9/2

7. emallini

emallini Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 16, 2008
    This content is protected

Mavin and Twentyman like this.
  8. Snowy1989

Snowy1989 Active Member Full Member

Dec 22, 2015
    Bookies odds much tighter than Expected, can’t imagine there’s too may brits distorting the odds either.

I’ll be backing Kovalev; he will have had to regress by some Margain, not long ago he was in the higher echelons of the p4p list.

I honestly don’t know enough about Yarde- a resule of blown up super middles ranked outside the top 30 leave many questions unanswered.

9. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Crolla wasn't given any stick at all, That's some weird myth that got made up because people said they would prefer Loma to fight better more evenly matched opponents during his peak years. That was taken by idiots as people criticising Crolla for taking the fight.

CutThroatFade and Dragon Punch like this.
  10. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    It’s worth watching both Yarde and Kovalev’s last fights before giving a prediction.

Plenty of question marks over Yarde due to fighting nothing but cab drivers and blown up super middles, let’s look at some positives though I guess

Yarde likes to counter fighters that commit and leave themselves wide open, hes awkward and happy to sit on the ropes like mayweather and work off a philly shell type position and counter but he also likes to come forward at times and work the body well. He’s good at sniffing out a hurt opponent and will apply a good onslaught and pressure needed to get the stoppage.

Unfortunately there are still questions over his chin.

I’m still picking krusher though, he hits hard and fought smart in his last fight with fast in and out attacks where he didn’t leave himself open much, I can see him working Yarde out after 2 rounds and then start teeing off on him.

Will Yarde be able to take those shots on the chin and fire back, does he have a plan b to go to if needed?

I doubt it very much but apparently this guy that doesn’t spar belongs at world level

11. micker1

micker1 Member Full Member

May 31, 2010
    Yarde has no idea what he is going into. The crowd will be behind kovalev. The crowd will be hostile to say the least. I hope yarde can pull it off but everything is against him.

12. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Jeez, Yarde was recognised in Russia...the Promoters over there must really have been pushing the fight. I don’t know the capacity, but I read on Twitter that it’s sold out.

There’s something quite charming seeing the two of them, all alone roaming round the airport in deep dark Russia with none of their bags.

I’m biased, but I think he’s going to win Gents.

CutThroatFade, emallini and Twentyman like this.
  13. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Is Buddy McGirt training Kovalev for this? Can’t see him tolerating any half a***d, unfocused fighter with a crappy attitude at the moment.

14. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Same, the fact that it’s two of them just out there is some g ****. Gets me pumped thinking about the fight, the self belief is admirable. Hope Frankie Boy joins them out there this week.

15. Mavin

Mavin New Member Full Member

Feb 11, 2019
    I’m not surprised the bags haven’t arrived! I think I’d be more surprised if they turned up before the fight!