Kovalev: Why Do People Think I Can't Handle Body Shots???

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Pakkuman, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Oakland Billy Smith

Oakland Billy Smith Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 19, 2018
    I guess we'll find out November 2nd

2. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    How? Are you saying he's better than Andre Ward? Because it took Ward about 7 rounds to figure it out. And Canelo doesn't have his ring IQ, jab, reach, or skill set.

Dance84 and pincai like this.
  3. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011
    Not saying that all. What I am saying is that styles make fights and Canelo has the proper style to beat Kovalev's body like a drum. I think that he can back him up and his height puts him right there at gut level. I think that he will punish Kov's body like no other fighter before him and it just might lead to the Krusher's undoing.

4. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    It doesnt really matter what kovalev says because posters on here have the last word

5. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    We happen to have a difference of opinion here then. I think Kovalev's jab will nullify and limit Canelo's attempts to go to the body, as will Kovalev's power. Which whether GGG fanboys want to admit it or not, is greater than GGG's.

Dance84 likes this.
  6. Somali Sanil

Somali Sanil Wild Buffalo Man banned Full Member

Sep 1, 2019
    His problem is his prep over the years, a lovely fighter to watch aesthetically, can/could box beautifully. If he took his career more serious and not so pig headed in camp and got rid of JDJ, I don't think there would've been a need for the Ward rematch. Its a few fights ive seen where if any punch is gonna do damage to him its the right as you say, when on it though he has that covered

7. UniversalPart

UniversalPart Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Canelo will hit hard and fast enough via counter punching to keep anyone honest including people at 175lbs.

He is an excellent technician with great variety once in a rhythm. However, unless Kovalev is paid off, Canelo will struggle to get past that jab.

Kovalev is no slouch on his feet either.

I hope to God that this SPECTACULARLY backfires on Canelo, Oscar and the Golden Cartel.

jquest, elbonzoseco and CST80 like this.
  8. Somali Sanil

Somali Sanil Wild Buffalo Man banned Full Member

Sep 1, 2019
    There is timing though, Kov could fall apart at this stage, hes no spring chicken with a few hard fights in his last few outings. I agree, the jabs the problem and Kovs great on his feet also

9. titanic

titanic Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 7, 2016
    But he has GBP = Golden BRIBERY Promotions

KO Artist and UniversalPart like this.
  10. deadACE

deadACE Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Does it really matter. Canelo v Kov probably goes the distance and we all know the outcome

11. Dance84

Dance84 Unicorn and seastar land Full Member

Oct 11, 2017

This sums it all ^

End thread

12. RingKing75

RingKing75 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Dec 23, 2013
    Sergey is full of sh@t! He got worked to the body for 8 rounds. I think there were 2 legit low blows the entire fight by Ward. The rest were clean body shots. I dare anyone to prove me wrong by putting up a video time stamping all of these low blows that won Ward the fight.

13. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011
    Yeah, I hear you. It is definitely a two way street. If Kov keeps him on the end of that jab then it's possible that he could stop Canelo but I just can't see Canelo taking this fight without having done some serious research. He sees a way in and a win would put his legacy in the upper echelons of boxing.

CST80 likes this.
  14. iii

iii Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2016
    Yeah well word is Snake boy is holdin Canelos bucket in the corner...

15. iii

iii Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2016
    ...\just to verify this was straight from that Bastian of honesty yeyo...