Kovalev (with McGirt) right now looks like more of a threat to Canelo than GGG

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Contro, Oct 16, 2019.

1. PernellSweetPea

PernellSweetPea Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 26, 2009
    The problem is GGG is more durable at this point. If Kovalev could land his punches and take the counters to the body then I think he stops Canelo. There are two ways Kovalev can win.. Jabbing and winning a decision fight or just going for broke like Hagler against Hearns and trying to stop Canelo in a war. If he lands a clean punch on Canelo I would like to see how Canelo takes it.

2. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Not just "right now," but always.

OvidsExile, CST80, maac and 3 others like this.
  3. divac

divac VIP Member Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    LOL!!!
    Drug testing?????

Do any of you clowns remember pre-Canelo-Golovkin rematch where you all were posting pictures of Canelo looking less bulkier???
    How you all said that now that Canelo was getting drug tested he was going to get steamrolled by Golovkin???

One Teddy Atlas was of this opinion, and when Canelo took the fight to Golovkin and made him retreat, afterward after Canelo got his hand raised, Teddy the clown goes bonkers about Golovkin getting robbed. LOL!!!

maac, 22JM and IsaL like this.
  4. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Its the CDS (Canelo Derangement Syndrome) that some how blocks their memories.

5. lloydturnip

lloydturnip Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Got to be worth a few quid !! I think Kov sparks him out mid fight .Canelo isn't slick or a defense genius or one shot power hitter .plenty of middle weights in history would beat him against a fading LH puncher he is in deep do do

CST80 likes this.
  6. LANCE99

LANCE99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 11, 2016
    :lol: it's not exact of course. C'mon dude, you really agree with puncher that canelo went through puberty at 20?!? And Canelo wasn't 17 when he fought Jose.

Angler Andrew likes this.
  7. PunchersChance.

PunchersChance. Active Member banned Full Member

Nov 30, 2018
    I was wrong about him being 17, he was 19. My bad. Still, look at the size of his neck then and the size of it now - he definitely hadn’t developed his full man-chin by the time he fought Cotto that’s all I’m saying. Peace.

8. LANCE99

LANCE99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 11, 2016
    :borra2:

9. NaiKoN

NaiKoN M Power! Full Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Failed drug test is not something you can lol about. It’s there and you can’t do anything about it. But the ban was done in a quite interesting way, so he can do another cycle and be clean right before the fight. There were not a lot of people saying about him being less bullkier and there were more discussions that Canelo actually is trying to improve stamina.

And also where Canelo made GGG retreat? Basically GGG changed his tactics and that’s it, as well as Canelo. Canelo is just basically trying to run away from third fight with GGG as it will take a lot from him, it’s easier to runaway to try his luck with fading Kovalev. Loss to Kovalev will not bring such damage in terms of money as a loss to GGG.

iii and DynamicMoves like this.
  10. iii

iii Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2016
    Thats right iSAL is a testosterone laden gimp with a skull as thick a brick

11. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    Lol I don't ever remember hearing such sayings before.All that stuff about growing into his man body when he's over 25yr old is strange talk is it not?
    I've got another take on this and that is Oscar was actually talking about Canelos gains from studying his PED use?I'm not just casting aspersions from his positive drug tests.I merely can't think of what else he meant as nobody in their right mind would expect to grow at this age and they really have the game away when they showed those black n white pics of Canelo showing said gains.
    The alternative is that Oscar was lying and Canelo was always that size.

12. Angler Andrew

Angler Andrew Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 28, 2016
    I would argue that his power could feel like a gentle breeze after facing light heavyweights his whole career.
    What Canelo lacks in height he makes up for in bulk and his chin is as good as I've seen imo.Think he's been sucked in to thinking Kovalev is weak to the body and that he can hurt him there but we've all seen how Canelo eases off after a few rounds and could be in for a rough night imo.

OvidsExile likes this.
  13. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    canelo has some of the slickest defense out there. his upper body movement in the pocket is dang impressive. anyone can look great defensively from 5 feet away, try staying clean in the middle of a flurry of punches.
    This content is protected

OvidsExile and IsaL like this.
  14. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    People dumb. Canelo is one of the best defensive fighters today, he rarely gets hit clean. But if he's not running around the ring he must not be good defensively.

15. acie2g

acie2g Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 21, 2010
    This content is protected

Probably the most underrated part of his game.