Kovalev (with McGirt) right now looks like more of a threat to Canelo than GGG

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Contro, Oct 16, 2019.

1. acie2g

acie2g Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 21, 2010
    He does have youth on his side I'll give you that with youth brings potential but idk currently I'd pick Kovalev and Canelo over Benavidez and think Canelo should consider that fight next as he works himself back down to 160 a potentially easy win in a WBA WBC unification at 168

2. PunchersChance.

PunchersChance. Active Member banned Full Member

Nov 30, 2018
    Look what Derev who isn’t as good a boxer and has far less size and power than Kovalev was able to do. Kovalev would stop GGG no doubt about it.

IsaL likes this.
  3. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Look at this guy ^ who thinks two totally different boxers using different styles against different opponents, can be equated because "dah wun guy is big, doe" :nut: He's got a "puncher's chance" at life :Laie_22mini:

4. bruce_keyes

bruce_keyes Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 9, 2008
    Well, Kovalev is younger than GGG.... exactly 1 year younger.

5. From.Russia

From.Russia Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 15, 2013
    GGG's power is a bit overrated, as soon as he stepped up his KO ratio dropped. Kovalev on the other side stopped Pascal 2 times (nobody stopped him before Kov), hurt Hopkins pretty bad and i saw him hurting and stopping fighters with his jab.

I agree that GGG won first fight against Canelo, second fight was harded to score, I need to rewatch it, but i was surprised that GGG didnt want dat "mexican style" and if Canelo had better punch output he would beat GGG much easier in both fights.

IsaL likes this.
  6. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Yeah, sounds about right.

GGG would definitely try to drain Kovalev like he tried to drain Ward.

On the other hand, Canelo is fighting him at 175.

7. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    Okay, lets talk with facts now.

1. Golovkin missed at a higher percentage than Canelo. Golovkin also landed less power punches.

2. Golovkin's face was in far worse shape than Canelo's at the end of 12 rounds. Golovkin had never came out of a fight looking that banged up. ALSO, Canelo attacked GGGs body landing 46 punches to GGGs mere 6. I think its safe to say Canelo did more damage, and clearly landed the cleaner punches.

3. Lmao! Abel Sanchez was begging, exhorting Golovkin to take the fight to Canelo. Golovkin came to the fight wanting MX style and came out of the fight looking like he went through a meat grinder. Canelo fought his fight. Used the exact same style he used to beat Angulo. To Golovkin's credit he proved to be a tough m'fer and stood his ground and attempted to adapt, but he was the one getting pounded. His face was evidence of that and the way he left the ring in a hurry would suggest he probably felt he needed immediate attention. GGG had never gotten hit as much as hard as he did and was maybe concerned for his health.

4. Golovkin landed an avg. of 2.6 more punches per round than Canelo, and they were jabs. Canelo landed an avg. of 2.25 more power punches per round.

If you want to make a case for having GGG as the winner that's fine, I can probably respect that opinion. What I can't respect is someone saying it was a robbery.

I share the same view as Roberto Duran, Mike Tyson, George Foreman, Julio Cesar Chavez and many other big boxing insiders and professionals that Canelo beat Golovkin.

8. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    I'm in a boxing forum talking about boxing, exposing your flawed perspective about a fighter and a fight.

You on the other hand are making it personal, by making fun of my persona with very childish name calling in clear frustration of my arguments.

Im sure the smartest of this forum can see who is upset in this case.

9. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    That (small %) sadly, is irrelevant when Golovkin threw 250 more punches than him and straight up outworked him.

Canelo had a vag growing on his face that they had to superglue shut. What are you talking about?

It was clearly ineffective because Golovkin worked harder in the second half of the fight than the first. Those body punches were a total waste of time. And I'd rather get punched 40 times in the body than 40 times in the face.

I think its safe to say that you are wrong and there's a reason why Canelo doesn't want the trilogy: Golovkin really hurt him.

LOLOLOL!!! Canelo's trainer was just about crying when ginger came in between rounds "Did he hurt you son? Are you OK?" You could hear the despair in his voice when he was all "you're not going to knock him out" :lol:

Yep, Golovkin has the best jab in the division and Canelo was a mess after getting outworked round after round.

Ineffective body shots. They look flashy but did nothing.

:crybaby2::crybaby2::crybaby2:

10. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    Nice try at a rebuttal but weak. I don't fault you since you don't have much to work with.

maac and dinovelvet like this.
  11. ShovelHook

ShovelHook Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    I can tell you're not liked here much.

LANCE99 and BCS8 like this.
  12. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    Clearly. GGG has a lot more fans in this particular site and many dare I say most of them aren't capable of having a debate without getting triggered and making it personal.

13. Odins beard

Odins beard Fentanyl is one hell of a drug.... Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    That’s why you are posting to me about Canelo in an Usyk thread?.....

Come at me bro....

14. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    Lol

I went in to an Usyk thread, happened to see you being a little hypocrite and decided to expose your double standard.

Tyrone Spong = < > Rocky Fielding

15. BCS8

Aug 21, 2012
    Golovkin has more fans than Canelo wherever you go then. Polls on all the major boxing sites that I know had him beating Canelo. El Pollo Rojo is well known alright, but he's more infamous than famous.