KSI vs Logan Paul "Fight" [all discussion of this farce here, please]

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by bluebird, Oct 25, 2019.

Who wins?

1. KSI

13 vote(s)
    15.3%
  2. Logan Paul

25 vote(s)
    29.4%
  3. Draw

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  4. Who Cares!

44 vote(s)
    51.8%
  1. alpo1

alpo1 #TeamShanny Full Member

Dec 10, 2005
    big les would have made a great boxer

Twentyman likes this.
  2. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    The LMA Manager series was the one I remember most fondly. I used to get Peter Beagrie and Neil Wainwright on the wings, Vitālijs Astafjevs and Des Hamilton in the centre of the park with Bobby Zamora up front and that would see me into the Premier League with Cardiff City!

Twentyman likes this.
  3. Flo_Raiden

Flo_Raiden Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2010
    All time low for boxing. Give it another 5 years and we might actually have a Celebrity boxing match on PPV.

I remember awhile ago when director Uwe Boll challenged Michael Bay to a boxing fight. Now I can see something like that happen for real.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  4. Duscle

Duscle Member banned Full Member

Jun 15, 2019
    Do people even read - IT WAS HALF THE PRICE!! If you think price does not make a difference then you must be incredibly dumb.

5. aaalbert

aaalbert Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 15, 2015
    The idea of Vince McMahon popping out of somewhere is becoming more and more of a reality. This really needs to stop...

POTUS likes this.
  6. DonTyson

DonTyson Active Member Full Member

Dec 2, 2018
    Wasn’t this expected? Those two have a far larger following than any boxer.

iamtheman likes this.
  7. DON1

DON1 ICEMAN Full Member

Apr 6, 2006
    F me, sad times. The casuals watch that dross and walk away thinking thats boxing .FFS.

8. Flo_Raiden

Oct 12, 2010
    I think it's already an insult that we had Haney and Saunders be an undercard fight for NON-BOXERS. I feel like it would have been much better as a CO-HEADLINER or actual fights that mattered. Imagine if if KSI vs Paul was part of the undercard for Taylor vs Prograis or Inoue vs Donaire? The people who only tuned in for KSI vs Paul would be curious to see those main events and those fights would have more appreciation from the casual viewers.

Just seeing how much views that circus show had is just sad for the sport. I'm just imagining about how much it would have helped if it had been a co-headliner for Inoue vs Donaire. Non-fans of the sport would have been amazed and would have gotten all the attention away from KSI vs Paul.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  9. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict Full Member

May 31, 2010
    “Did xxx buys”

Cretin alert

10. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Headlining has rarely been about quality as much as how big a draw a fight is.

In this case each guy, however limited in the sport, brought a massive, new audience.

It's basic commercial sense to get them last and thus maximise the time you have with that audience.

Lots of times people here justify any decision by a boxer on the basis that it was the highest paying option. Well so was this. A lot of people got paid on the basis of those two guys successfully marketing their online beef into not one but two events.

I take my hat off to them.

minemax and wifly like this.
  11. minemax

minemax Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2017
    Both Taylor vs Prograis and Inoue vs Donaire were in significantly different timezones. But, let's say you're suggesting to put some other real boxing fight as the main event. Well, I'm almost sure that most of the KSI-Paul youtube audience would turn their broadcast off and those in the arena live would probably leave it right after the KSI-Paul fight... :shocked: Especially if the next fights were like Haney vs. Santiago or BJS vs Coceres.

12. David B

David B Nazi Russia lies. This is the only truth. Full Member

Feb 25, 2006
    Do not even know who they are
    but
    i don't think it is bad for boxing .
    Maybe 0,5 percent of the viewers
    could fall in love with the sport
    and start following it .

13. Flo_Raiden

Oct 12, 2010
    I'm talking about co-headling the main event. They could have had KSI vs Paul fight right before the main attraction.
    Shoot, it would have been better if KSI-Paul co-headline well known names such as Wilder, Joshua, or even Canelo at least.

14. HitmanMG

HitmanMG New Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2019
    I am a boxing purist like most of us on here. I have been watching boxing all of my life and grew up watching with people who had a great understanding of the sport. On top of that, I have trained some myself and my father was an amateur boxer in the Navy for a long time. That being said, we need to be honest with ourselves. If you take the KSI/Logan Paul scrap off of this lineup, less than 1M people would have watched the contest. My guess is somewhere around 600k. These guys were entertaining and significantly moved the needle in terms of subscriptions and PPV busy. Therefore, regardless of skill or time in boxing, they have rightfully earned their spot as the top bill for the night. That's my opinion anyway.

Holler likes this.
  15. minemax

minemax Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2017
    Or maybe the promoters, TV bosses, etc. will realize that 99,5% of those viewers is a huge audience (multiple times bigger than the current boxing audience) so the boxing will be changed for them...

Robney likes this.