KSI vs Logan Paul "Fight" [all discussion of this farce here, please]

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by bluebird, Oct 25, 2019.

Who wins?

1. KSI

13 vote(s)
    15.3%
  2. Logan Paul

25 vote(s)
    29.4%
  3. Draw

3 vote(s)
    3.5%
  4. Who Cares!

44 vote(s)
    51.8%
  1. greenhornet

greenhornet Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 14, 2016
    Tell us how great you guys are at Tennis and Golf, two sports you invented. How about Hockey? a sport you guys co-founded the international governing body.

2. Simon Head

Simon Head Member Full Member

Jan 31, 2017
    You brought up the Olympics, not me.

You also did not even know where the 2016 Olympics were held, you thought it was held in Britain, when it was in Brazil.

Britain has been doing better and better every Olympics regardless where they are held.

3. greenhornet

greenhornet Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 14, 2016
    so ignoring most every point i made then? you claimed america only likes sports no one else plays. the whole world plays tennis. the williams sisters have won more majors than your whole country, men and women, combined. maybe you should drop your xenophobic ideas and enjoy sports and athletes no matter where they are born or raised.

Sephiroth Rising 7 and Badbot like this.
  4. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    This.
    It´s cool when a country does well in certain sports or as a whole. It creates a window to how such success can be attained. You can learn more about a sport.
    For instance boxing at the Olympics. The USA team have barely won any medals in ages. Meanwhile Ukraine has established itself as a new powerhouse. Why is that? Surely USA has more talent because it´s population. Nope. Just look at their amateur scene and structure.
    And Cuba, after all these years, is still taking home medals.

greenhornet likes this.
  5. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    For what it's worth, Logan Paul's more of a natural at shadowboxing than Ronda Rousey.:D
    This content is protected

elbonzoseco likes this.
  6. Loudon

Loudon VIP Member Full Member

Mar 7, 2012
    I'm undecided. Although I can't see how it would hurt the sport.

I agree with people who think that most fans will probably skip the undercard.

In society, many people don't like a change to the norm, and only a minority of people like to search for new interests. That's my honest opinion. Most of us are lazy. But I agree with you that only if it's a minority who show an interest, that can only be a good thing.

Personally, I haven't seen any promotion for this, so I don't know what's happened and what hasn't. But if I was putting it together, I'd want a presser where all the fighters are present, and where BJS does something silly that gets people talking. That's what you'd need. Not something fixed, but a typical BJS presser or a Chisora like one. Something that grabs the attention. And if that happens, I would then put that fight on AFTER the main event in the hope that the YouTube fans will carry on watching the show. I think they're more likely to watch something after the event rather than before it. Again, that's just my opinion.

Haney looks like a class act. But I think it's BJS with his persona that needs to reel them in.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  7. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    I don’t think you understand that these kids who follow KSI and Logan Paul get kicks out of watching live-streams of other people playing video games online. Do you have any idea how bizarre that is? They are freaks and geeks into anime and non-athletic hobbies. They are watching this purely because they want to see the guy they worship win a fight. It has nothing to do with boxing and the idea that this event will generate new boxing fans is so misguided.

Sephiroth Rising 7 and red_roo like this.
  8. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015
    This fight will not 'grow' boxing. Nor is that the intention. This is a (boxing) licence to print money, and that's fair enough in a business. But the idea the Millennial and Gen-X Insta-addicts in attendance or watching on PPV will suddenly become avid fight fans is a non-starter.

You only have to look at WHY non-boxing fans are showing an interest: because of who is fighting and their social media fame. They could be arm wrestling or doing MMA or the freakin' pole vault and their followers would turn up in droves. And they will leave in droves once this exhibition bout is done and dusted and head in whichever direction their heroes go next.

In fact, in some ways this will harm the sport because two celebrities given licence to become 'pro' boxers gives the impression anyone with a ripped physique and here-today-gone-tomorrow fame can do something real boxers often take decades to craft as their profession.

I'm fine with this fight and will probably watch it as a kind of pugilist freak show. But it's not going to grow the sport to any significant degree...

9. ellerbe

ellerbe It’s a Tank world Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Exactly lol, how is this bad for boxing at all?

10. ellerbe

ellerbe It’s a Tank world Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    When Ronda was in her prime there would be idiots that actually would think that Rousey would beat Logan and KSI in a boxing match :risas3:

CST80 likes this.
  11. bluebird

bluebird Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Both making their Pro debuts at 200 lbs.

I give Logan Paul the edge based on the big size advantage.

12. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012

Holler and POTUS like this.
  13. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    Who gives a ****?

POTUS, channy and LANCE99 like this.
  14. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Still don't know who that KSI caracter is, but I think they will both be the winners here no matter the outcome of the fight.

In any way it's not the boxing fans.