Kugan Cassius barred from the fight Saturday night

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Legend X, May 1, 2017.

1. Legend X

Legend X Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Mar 18, 2005
    Just been catching up on ifltv.
    Apparently Bernd Boente barred Kugan Cassius from the Joshua-Klitschko fight.

I don't know the full story but it is surprising (and perhaps pretty disgraceful) that Eddie Hearn allowed that to happen, seeing how Kugan's youtube channel has been very good for British boxing in recent years, and has helped consistently allowed Eddie Hearn to get his messages across to fans.

The reason for Boente's dislike of Kugan is vague, something to do with Kugan "being close to the Fury camp", which seems strange.

2. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    He wasn't banned from the fight, just the media area. IFL were allowed into the media area, just not Kugan because of interviews/comments made during the build up to the Fury/Klitschko fight where Boente thought he was too biased towards Fury.

Nothing else to see here.

S.K likes this.
  3. Legend X

Mar 18, 2005
    Yes, I know it was the media area.
    Kugan deserves to be in the media area at the fight as much as anyone else.

Bias in the media ? Is that a reason ?
    Boente's a joke.

goku23 and ryanm8655 like this.
  4. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Who pays Kugans wages? Or maybe that should be who ( promoter ) contributes the most to Kugans wages? Guess it's his business so guess it's not a wage but if he takes donations then unless he doesn't take any from any promoter then and only then can he give a totally impartial interview. I personally think he's brilliant and the interviews are always worth watching but have to ask the question.

5. BaronSamedi

BaronSamedi Active Member banned Full Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Kugan deserves ?

Kugan doesnt deserve anything

Hes a media reporter, they are 10 a penny, he just happens to be the one that is in the pocket of matchroom so gets all the exclusives

If the opponent of the matchroom fighter doesnt want the matchroom lapdog there then so be it

No skin off anyones nose, clearly no skin off Eddies either as he agreed to it

6. BaronSamedi

Mar 9, 2015
    BTW something like that would have killed Kugan, to not be there to get the exclusives himself

He is a fat spoiled man baby

Just watch this short 5 minute interview where Eddie is giving someone else the exclusive, Kugan does everything in his power to ruin the interview

This content is protected

Sugar 88, Ace Frehley and impacted like this.
  7. Grooveongreg

Grooveongreg Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Buys a bit of publicity for Kugan no bad thing in the scheme of things

But can't take anything away from him the rise of British boxing along with the ifl TV type interviews has really got me massively hooked on boxing

Twentyman likes this.
  8. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    How can anyone defend that? I said a while back here that Boente is an embarrassment to boxing and some people defended Boente. The man is a total kunt. Anyone who watches IFL every day will appreciate that Kugan sits on the fence. He's a **** stirrer and nothing more. Of course he's going to be closer to the British fighter. From what I remember he showed nothing but respect to WK throughout that build up in interviews.

Even Adam Booth said that Boente was an embarrassment to boxing and you never hear Booth criticise people in public, he always tries to avoid doing that sort of thing. When Eubank Sr gave his version of the events that led to Booth splitting with Chris Eubank Jr, Booth never got involved even though he was painted in a negative light.

esboxing and Legend X like this.
  9. Legend X

Mar 18, 2005
    Well he spends his time getting out there, filming and doing the interviews. Regardless of how he gets exclusives, he's putting his time in. The mainstream tabloid press often pick up material from his interviews and piggy-back off that, get the story and put it to press without much time and effort. Therefore, he deserves to be in the media area as much as anyone else.

No skin off my nose either, I'm just pointing out Boente's actions are those a vindictive petty man.
    Hearn agreed to it, I don't know why.

10. BaronSamedi

Mar 9, 2015
    I dont get that "hes putting his time in"

Yeah because its what pays his wages ........

He isnt doing it out of his good graces as a favor to the fans. The more interviews he does the more money he makes, He gets paid by his youtube channel. Its a pretty damn cushy gig too, getting free entry to watch all the fights and then interview the fighters and promoters etc travel round the country and get paid a handsome wage at the end of it

Last edited: May 1, 2017
    skunk and KermitTheFrog like this.
  11. impacted

impacted Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 6, 2011
    Kugan Cassius relies completely on the good will of the people in the sport to make a living. He and his mate have done very well on the back of that good will to the point they routinely get free, exclusive access to Matchroom fighters and have a paid show on BoxNation.

Neither he or James Helder have any journalistic qualifications whatsoever. In fact they're completely unskilled, and Helder is painful when he's the guy asking the questions. Bonte didn't ban IFL, he barred Kugan Cassius after Kugan spent weeks hovering around Tyson Fury during the build up to Klitschko vs Fury and openly cheered along with Fury's team and fans when Tyson won.

IFL are not legitimate journalists and are shamelessly biased. For Cassius to moan at eventually being called out on it is a bit rich.

KermitTheFrog likes this.
  12. Octolony shore

Octolony shore Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2016
    First thing that I noticed is what a funny shape kugan is.

BaronSamedi likes this.
  13. Legend X

Mar 18, 2005
    Of course it's his job. Yes, he gets paid. I'm not saying otherwise.

I'm comparing him to the rest of the boxing media. I said he deserves to be in the media area as much as anyone. He covers British boxing on a constant weekly or daily basis.
    Boente comes over here and strikes his name off a list for a media seat at British boxing's biggest fight. I can't see how that's right. Whatever you think of Kugan, that isn't right.

14. Legend X

Mar 18, 2005
    Every media person relies on the good will of the boxers and people in the sport. It's always been that way. In return they get more publicity, more exposure.

Like I said before, IFLTV's material is used by the mainstream "qualified" press and their online editions all the time.
    Regardless of their lack of journalistic skill, they get views. We watch the videos to hear what certain boxers/promoters have to say.

So, Boente is upset because Kugan "openly cheered when Fury beat Wlad" ??? And this is a serious problem ?

15. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Who cares if he had no qualifications? Kugan is undeniably a good interviewer. Helder is awful I agree. You don't need qualifications to be a good interviewer. The best boxing interviewers IMO are Kugan and Radio Raheem. Johnny Nelson has no qualifications in journalism yet has conducted hundreds of interviews.

Everyone is biased. Just listen to the commentary from Sky for GGG-Brook.